Back in early October, King County promised me a crack at jury duty in mid-January. I planned my escape to retirement based on this date. Imagine my horror when Bob called the phone number on my summons and was informed that I did not to need to report and my duty had been fulfilled!
Bob has been summoned 12 times at every level of court and has never once been excused. He's even had a summons waiting for him in the mailbox on the last day of a previous jury duty! He was none to happy to see that I've been excused (by the court) 2 out of 3 times.
Day 1 of retirement. A cold foggy morning that will eventually be a very nice sunny day.
So, Jury duty having been dispatched in an honorable manner, I spent the day at Mary Lou's working on a sewing project. Mary Lou's project was embroidering "Leroy" on a horse blanket and hood so I had to help support the weight so the machine didn't error because of weight on the needle.
Mary Lou peeking under the blanket to see why her fancy embroidery machine is choosing to argue with her and not do as she asks. These modern machines are too smart for their own good.
I made a pineapple sideways cake for Ryan's birthday. Too bad he wasn't home to enjoy it since he had to work. We did leave some scraps for him to enjoy when he gets home. Although I don't really love cooked pineapple, I do love the cake part whether it is baked upside down or sideways.
Since Kyanne and Ryan were in Arizona during Christmas, we had a bit of Christmas action. Reagan and Sally help Kyanne open her gift.
Reagan sorted her little plastic animals very meticulously and lined them up in a little row like army men. She said they were all lined up ready to pull "Santa's sleigh that is very full of toys".
Reagan is a budding photographer and she likes to take my phone and go around taking photos. She puts thought into her subjects and how she frames them. She got a nice photo of Sally...
...and Amore'.
Grampa...
...and Kyanne's blue-footed booby stuffed animal...
...and one of my retirement balloons.
Sometimes a guy just wants to be alone to hear himself think so Nitro headed into his hide-y sack.
Our neighbor's trees are so awesome that they fall on our shed even before we had our big windstorm. Neither of our sheds made out very well. This one made out the best.
Today we had to move all the stuff out of the "surviving" shed so we could put it back together. Fortunately the engine lift was already out there so we used that to push the roof back up to acceptable levels.
Unfortunately our front yard suffered since I had put a "redneck kit" out there for the locals to grab. Lawn chairs, a cooler, his and hers smokers, and a snoutless gas can. I guess they could up their game by using the garden sprayer as a meat baster. Everything a wannabe redneck needs to get started. Amazingly, it all disappeared today. Every last piece of redneck stuff is gone.
Speaking of redneck, out newly-plumped shed is covered with an old tarp and weighted down with old car parts, Kitsap style. That's something you can't find just anywhere!
Now to figure out how to get this shed torn down so we can haul it away. We can't break the shed into smaller pieces so we can haul because the screws are all rusted and won't come out.
Hopefully one of these pneumatic bad boys can get the job done! Wish us luck.

















So happy you are enjoying the first few days of your retirement. I have never gotten past the green room for jury duty. Maybe Bob has done his part and won't be plagued during his retirement!
ReplyDelete