
Kyanne and Ryan at Christmas in Arizona with Ryan's parents. Color me jealous!
What's the best way to start the new year? Pedicures. Pedicures all around! Mary Lou and her sister (up from Denver), and I all went for pedicures so we could greet the year with purdy new toes.
On the way home from the pedicures, I needed to stop for the last Geocache of the year. We went around back of the Home Depot in Bonney Lake and found this little gem. It looked like another bolt in the guardrail, but it was actually a hollow bolt with the paper log rolled up inside.


And for the effort, we received this digital souvenir added to our Geocache account.
Mary Lou has a tradition of making a little project from start-to-finish each New Year's Day to get the year off to a great start. Her Mom has done it for years and it's fun carrying on the tradition. This year we made little zipper bags. (Yes, she made all of those bags up on the shelf.)
Mary Lou with one of the many bags she made while the rest of us made a single one.
My little bag is perfect for the little action video camera that Bob got for me.
So while I'm off eating great snacks and making a little triangular zipper bag, Bob has done a bunch of stuff done on the trailer as well as ripping out the carpet and getting the new vinyl plank flooring laid.
You be the judge. Who wins the prize for productivity?
I did the grocery shopping for the first time in a long time. For reasons demonstrated below, Bob usually does all the shopping. I saw this cool little guy and decided we needed to have him on our plates. Meet our new Romanesco Broccoli or Roman cauliflower! Now, how to successfully get him from the fridge to plate with a bit of seasoning?
As long as we are talking about strange things, we move from Roman cauliflower to Flushin' Frenzy. Why? Who? Really???
Saturday I ran to Silverdale and we took Reagan to the park. As we searched the edge of Dyes Inlet for crabbies, rocks I can shine my flashlight through, and sea glass I saw this awesome sky. It felt a lot later in the day than noon, that's for sure.
Afterwards. I watched Reagan at the mall while Carissa looked for new shoes. I let Reagan play a round of PacMan and as I explained the rules, she patiently explained that she already knew how to play it. I'm quickly becoming obsolete!
After PacMan, Reagan kindly showed me to the kids play area so she could burn off some energy on a rainy day.
A trip to a pet store revealed a line of "Meowijuana" catnip packaged and marketed like marijuana.
Thanks guys, despite your flashy packaging, I'll keep buying Nitro's catnip in the bulk section at Fred Meyer.
Meanwhile, Bob has been feverishly been working on the little trailer. Here he is tracing the logo on the side of the trailer so we can replace the orange logo with a black one. They only come in orange and brown for the deluxe model so we will truly have a custom trailer.
I've been busy inside making new curtains because the all-white curtains did nothing for an already bland interior. Here's the curtain for the door.
Bob painted the wood-grained cabinet doors gray to go with the curtains and kind of update the look a bit.
It's a small trailer and Bob's head is proof in living color. He's got 3 good dings on his head to clearly demonstrate the cabinets and door is not full-sized.
/smokey-the-bear-furloughed-56a753f25f9b58b7d0e93787.jpg)
















So glad I got to see the Scamp before it became Scamp 2. And Bob needs to wear a helmet when working!
ReplyDelete