Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Chapter 466


I've slowly been cleaning my desk area, locker, and drawer out. I've been so busy I haven't really had much time to do "important" stuff like that to get myself ready to walk out the door. I may have to stay late(r) to get the job done. Obviously, there are a lot of things I find useful but the next person may not so they have to go. There are also things that have been lost in the depths of my drawers for a long time. Dry tape, crispy rubberbands, Band-Aids so old the wrapper has fallen off and even older stuff, as evidenced by these faux check Post-Its, that have the last century on the date line.

 A freezing fog kind of morning and I needed to go to the post office before work. I managed to get behind this bicycle that was creeping along at the speed of frozen molasses and traffic did not allow me to pass so it was a looong journey to the post office. Normally around town, bicycles pass me like I'm standing still even when I'm going the speed limit!

It seems grocery stores are trying to compete with the big mail-meal guys like HelloFresh! or Blue Apron and have boxed up ingredients with all the ingredients and instructions. Bob bought one to try at Fred Meyer for 50% off which is about right since there was no way that dinner was worth $20! Apparently, the person that packed the meal boxes couldn't tell heavy cream from dill weed. Our box didn't even have heavy cream on the recipe. When my trial HelloFresh meal was missing an ingredient, I got a full meal credit. Sadly I didn't use my credit because I didn't subscribe to their service. I obviously didn't take our meal back to Fred Meyer, but if I had I'd be one of "those" customers they talk about in the lunch room!
 
 Meanwhile. out in the garage, Bob is still working feverishly on our little trailer trying to get it ready to hit the road. This week he is still polishing the outside of the egg and the chrome "belly band".

It doesn't show too well in the photos, but that shiny belly band sure makes the whole trailer look better.

I met Cindy at Tacoma Mall for our usual monthly dinner. We always park in the same place so we can walk in and out through the parking lot together. Imagine my surprise (not really) when I arrived first to our parking places and find there is a scissor-lift security tower in our spaces. I don't know if it made me feel safer or not. Apparently, having a security tower should make me feel safer as it didn't stop two guys from shooting each other in their car exactly 24 hours after we were there, right by this tower and right by our parking spaces!

Back in the safety of one of his beds, Nitro likes to look out the window and watch the birds in this laurel bush for hours. Oh to have nothing better to do than stare at a bush for hours!

We made a trip to Bass Pro Shop to look for a little table for the trailer. A TV tray pretty much fills up the "living room" of the trailer but we need something with longer legs than a TV tray. We found a great table, but at 25" square, it was too big to fit in the living room. We did find Bob some custom wipes, though:

While we were trying to figure out how to mitigate the cracks in our bed created by the cushions, Bob took the  research job a little too seriously. He went as far as to include a nap to make our research align with reality as much as possible. 

After a rejuvenating nap, Bob is back to work polishing the trailer for maximum sparkleage.

The two shelves in our "new" trailer fridge were rusted and nasty. After finding out that new shelves would cost $150 (WHY???), we had settled on brushing them really well and painting the shelves.

While I was moving my beloved sink rack in the kitchen, I had an idea that they might work as fridge shelves. For about $10, and some trimming by Bob we have brand new shiny stainless steel fridge shelves! I love it when a plan comes together!

"Cold rainy days call for library trips and coffee shops.

Special request from our resident paleontologist for woolly mammoth and saber tooth tiger books 'can you take me to the library so I can learn more?'"









1 comment:

  1. You should be proud of all that you have accomplished and all those lives you have touched. Well done and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete