In 1977 Bob bought me a great sewing machine and it served me faithfully for about 35 years. I bought a cheap sewing machine but struggled with it because it was like driving a VW bus after driving a sports car for years. Sooo....I found a sewing machine I love
and brought home two very large boxes of sewing machine parts.
Next to my old machine, the new one is half again larger than my old machine so some changes will have to happen. The machine does waay more than I can even conceive of doing but I;m up for the challenge.
I've already made one project, a little diaper bag for Reagan for when her new baby comes. I still have to make a little layette for her doll so she can do the same things that Mom is doing with her new brother.
Early this morning, I got up to find it had snowed. The news said it would snow but I totally didn't believe them.
Daylight showed that it had snowed considerably more since I was up in the night.
I decided to keep Chris' yucca plant out for the winter rather than bring it into the dining room to "protect" it from the winter where he'd dry up and all the leaves would fall off. My well-meaningness (is that a word?) darn near killed it each winter. He's the happy plant on the right sporting a nice mop of snow.
Nitro wanted to go for a walk and I figured he'd be fine without his leash and want to come in before too long. I was right. His usual outdoor routine is to find grass, eat it, barf, then explore the yard. In this case, he ate his grass, made for the door and barfed in the house. Great.
Paw prints making a bee line for the house...
I came in and had a cup of nut-based coffee with nut-based cream to warm me up.
While Nitro's post-outdoor plan was to take a nap. I tossed a blanket over him and left him to recover on his own.
Daylight showed that we had considerably more snow than I expected. It's warmed up and melted a bit but has continued to snow throughout the day.
Carissa, Bear, and Reagan were also out enjoying the snow.














I'm so glad you're enjoying your new sewing machine. Are you going to have to buy a new sewing table for it? Reagan is going to love the new diaper bag. She wants so badly to be a big helper when the little guy comes along.
ReplyDelete