
Since I'm snowed in, I've been using my new sewing machine and making stuff for Reagan to use when the new baby comes. My latest efforts have resulted in diapers,
A baby wipe container (Yes, my new sewing machine sewed through the plastic. I'm inY!),
And a baby bed with a little pillow. I think I'm almost done with Reagan's layette.
Sunset this morning was spectacular, although the colors didn't even begin to come through in this photo.
Moles. You'd think they'd put their feet up and relax for a while when it's cold and snowy out but I guess they are like postal workers where nothing keeps them from their jobs no matter the weather.
For whatever reason, Bob brought an icicle inside and then stabbed it into the garbage disposal. Why? We had about a 5 foot tall icicle in the house once when the girls were little. I'm not sure what happened here.
Round #1 of snow.
Although I thought about cleaning the snow off the roof of the truck shed several times throughout the day we had to go out at night with the flashlight and do it in the cold and dark. Poor planning on my part I guess.
This little glob of snow looks like a teensy sasquatch hanging on our stair post.
Chris gave me a yucca plant for Mother's Day several years ago. I put it out in the summer and it does great. Then I bring it in in the winter to "protect" it and it barely survives until I can get it back out the next summer to recover from my protection. This winter I thought he'd be better outside. And he was even through the first snow.
He didn't do as well in Round #2 of snow.
Reagan is loving playing in the snow. Sand toys become snow toys.
Round #2 of snow. Bob shoveled a path to the hummingbird feeder so I can replace his frozen feeder with warm nectar each morning. Lest I forget, he's at the kitchen window when I open the blind to remind me. Then once the un-frozen nectar is out, he buzzes my head and chatters at me to clear his turf.
Nitro asked to go for a walk and he actually participated in walking. He went to his lookout stump but couldn't figure out why it wasn't right. Why it wasn't warm and sunny? Why can't he spy on the dog next door from his perch? And why were his feet getting so darn cold?
Then . he . was . done. I unclipped his leash and he made a break for the house at "full speed".
He was glad to get back to the house and get his warm food.
Then off to bed to sleep off his horrible experience.
For an entertaining look at the weather, check out Grit City Magazine on Facebook. Their storm narratives are awesome!

















No comments:
Post a Comment