Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Chapter 430



If you would like to pop some virtual bubble wrap click on the link below: 
then scroll down to the
 
and de-stress your day away!

Bob's beer is done with the first stage and ready to bottle. All the busy little yeasties of a couple of weeks ago have retired to yeast communities at the top or bottom of the carboy (bottle). (That's the Arizona and Florida of beer fermentation) Now is ready to be put in regular-sized bottles to be drunk in a couple of weeks. Com' on over and give it a try.

After that, we put the hood back on the Jag. Check out the shiny new radiator on the front. I almost don't want to cover it with the hood for the price of it! Let me tell you, that hood is a huge and heavy piece of metal for a couple of old folks to be wielding around the garage. If we drop it, it will cost almost $20,000 to replace. No pressure. No pressure at all. 

Whew! After a fair amount of grunting and groaning, we got it back into place. Now we just need to leave it there!

Nitro and Bob like to watch tv together. Here Bob leans on the counter and Nitro sits on a bar stool to watch a show about Alaska. Bob wants to go see the all the beautiful untouched places there are in Alaska and Nitro like to drool over potential dinners. I don't have the heart to tell him that he's the potential dinner up there!

We met the kids at The Hub restaurant at the Narrows Airport today. Reagan loves to go there and watch the airplanes. All of her brain processes stop until she's done watching an airplane take off or land then it's back to whatever she was previously up to.

We also found ourselves in a little fenced picnic area where she could safely run wild and that's just what she did, with Grama right behind!

Here she can be seen clutching her mother's bath toy alligator that I found while cleaning under the kid's bathroom sink. It was a historical dig of mammoth proportions that rendered several bath toy artifacts and quite a few expired bottles. I even found some contact solution from when Carissa was in high school dated 1998! Obviously out of sight is out of mind when it comes to a bathroom I don't use. 

 Since Reagan and I paint rocks, we picked out a few that she'd like to paint next time she comes over. To be sure she got them all and wasn't limited to 3 or 4, she put them in my jacket pockets for me to take home. My pockets were so loaded I could hardly limp to the car!

 ONE pocket full of rocks from the airport. I'm surprised they didn't come after me for theft or vandalism.

After we got home, we went out and about to plot a fun driving route for our Jaguar club's spring drive.  We found some beautiful roads out in the Ravensdale area. My how this area has grown since I was there last! Although we were driving through what seemed like the middle of nowhere, there were patches of housing developments with hundreds of houses in each patch!

We stopped at Ravensdale park to see if this would be a good potty stop for the drive and, being the multi-tasker I am, I checked for caches in the area and there was one just a few feet from the restrooms. Although we didn't really have any reception to our phones, but we managed to find it by just using our Geosenses. Well, we might just have found it since it was straight up obvious.

Hey! I found a use for Reagan's rocks! I'm so tired of my PopSocket falling off my phone that I decided to end the problem once and for all. I Gorilla Glued it in place and weighted it down with some of Reagan's rocks. Now in 24 hours, I will have a rock problem again, but at least I won't have a PopSocket problem any longer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment