Total Pageviews

Monday, January 15, 2018

Chapter 428


It seems that on a three-day weekend, I could figure out that Sunday is not the last day off and get my blog out on time. 

While we were cleaning out Kyanne's cedar chest, I found some old pictures of me. Circa 1970, sixth grade, sporting my first pair of glasses...apparently I've never been able to get them straight from the beginning. 

In 7th grade, Dad signed me up for Sears Charm School (can you believe Sears had charm school, the our culture even allowed charm school???) providing me yet another another opportunity to shine on photo paper.  Check out the very lady-like gloves and pearls and lack of teeth showing. I specifically remember that the facisit instructor made us hide our teeth and show our newly manicured fingernails in the portrait. It was also my first of experience wearing panty hose. It was also the first of many competitive tugging events with panty hose vs. long legs. It was a race to see if I could keep the panty hose up or whether they would pull down. This included each force tugging, pulling, twisting and tearing occurring at the most awkward moments possible making each and every wearing  a plastic coated torture. 

Oh, and I made my own linen dress for this graduation.

And 8th grade graduation, once again, sporting another self-made dress, a humiliating hairstyle, and, once again, panty hose possessed by the spirit of gravity. Ah, memories.

 And fast-forwarding to the present:  Bob's beer is merrily brewing away in it's new plastic carboy jar. I wanted a clear container instead of a 5 gallon bucket because I wanted to see what was going on inside the carboy. I'm snoopy and like to know how things work and what's going on inside of stuff. The new clear carboy made it all possible.

What I saw going on inside was even cooler than I had imagined! The little yeasties were busy going up/down/sideways/swirling/milling and happily munching sugars everywhere. Check it out:

As you all know, I love my Silhouette cutter. I've made a lot of stuff with it but not many shirt designs so I made a couple this week to sharpen my skills. I also dropped my casino winnings on a heat
 press and wanted to try it out 
so I made this shirt for Kurt to wear to an automotive competition this weekend. I considered it good luck, and it was. We had a couple of students go on to the small gas engine state competition. Yay guys...and gal!

For my second shirt, I had Reagan draw up something up. She has drawn some really (Grama speaking here) advanced art and I wanted to capture it on a shirt. Since Reagan is in a blob-drawing mode, I didn't get any cute animal output, I got blobs, more blobs and a "Hi".



So I isolated the "Hi" and put it on Reagan's shirt in her choice of color,

sparkley purple. Everything in her world must be sparkley purple right now.

"Why is the house so cold?" I kept asking myself. Ah, got it! The heat is plugged up by Nitro He has it completely blocked and is sucking up all the incoming heat that should be mine. He doesn't even appear to feel the least bit guilty about it.


While the kids went to Seattle, we took Reagan out to run her around and make for an easier bedtime. We found a basketball abandoned in the soccer field so Reagan and I ran up and down the full length of the field while she kicked the ball. Bob stood on the center line and kept track of possession. Well, not really, Reagan had possession at all times. 

Actually, she was good enough to control the ball, block my kicks and get the ball to the little box on each end of the field. She's got soccer in her future.

Then we were off to Target to clean up a few errands and leave a trail of popcorn for them to clean up in exchange. Reagan was enjoying her free banana (and the extra mandarin orange she snatched at the last minute) and Grampa's popcorn at the same time.

Since it was nice out once the fog lifted, Reagan wanted to play in "her" park and took all of her backyard toys outside and was eager to inspect her rain-soaked turf. This included mowing with her soon to be too small bubble mower,

and Bear chasing bubbles,

and prepping the garden for spring. We weeded and dug and pulled carrots for both herself and Bear.

One of her white carrots almost looks like a little human.

We pulled Reagan's swing set out so she could swing and slide. I did learn we need to raise the swing so her feet don't drag anymore.

Eating an unwashed carrot and weeding her potato barrel. She's actually doing an excellent job of both.

Afterward it was time to come in and eat the rest of her fresh-picked carrots and Target popcorn with Grampa.

Snacks don't buy much time when it comes to 3 1/2 year olds so it was off to "Rebbin Robin" for dinner. Reagan ate all my steamed broccoli dipped in ketchup. Fortunately it's bottomless broccoli or I wouldn't have gotten any!

Bedtime. It's tough to leave this sad face for the night when she's pleading for us to stay with her. It sure gets warm in that little tent but in I go!




No comments:

Post a Comment