Our first cache of the year had us out hiking somewhere we wouldn't normally find our way to. Although it was just a few yards from a busy highway it felt like we were in much further away. The trail and the view of the Auburn valley was beautiful but it was cccold!
We stumbled around the area looking into and behind trees. Finally it became painfully obvious we were missing the painfully obvious!
I have not been to a theater, literally, for years. After looking it up, it was 2012 since I've been to the theater. Tracy wanted to have a girl's day out so we went to see "Pitch Perfect 3". My goodness, how theaters have changed since I last went. When I walked in, I saw no more sardine seating but these (electric) recliners.
We hopped in, put our feet up and dove into the (free refills) popcorn and pop.
We were so comfortable I'm glad I wasn't tired or I would have been asleep immediately.
Even the menu is updated. No more steamed dogs and stale buns for these movie-goers!
Since we never want to miss a free anything, we dumped out our leftover popcorn and took a bucket full home with us. From what I was seeing, I don't think we were the only folks doing it! I think I can safely say though, we were the only ones to strap our popcorn into it's own seat.
On our way down the hill, we noticed a huge plume of smoke. Actually, I noticed a huge plume of smoke. I couldn't get Tracy to stop reading her text where her daughter was telling her about the fire in downtown Auburn.
Sadly, this was one of the few blocks in Auburn that had any productive businesses in it. There were also some apartments over the shops.
Here you can see the fire truck holding the side of the building on so it doesn't collapse all over. The good news is that it didn't catch the Rainbow Cafe next door on fire and it was back up and running within a few days.
While Reagan was here we were fixing her pelican stuffy. I made the mistake of letting her pick the best thread color for the job. For me this meant something in the blue shade.
For her it meant my sparkly thread and bobbin thread holders which ended up on her fingers. The sparkly thread means that Reagan has added to the tapestry of her mother's (sister's, cousin's) legacy stuffy with a sparkly new tale to be passed down with the pelican.
We also painted Reagan's nails and she never misses a chance to organize anything. This was almost too overwhelming with all the ways she could organize. Color, bottle shape, cap shape oh my!
Mozzy. What a trooper you are. Not every cat would stand for being put to bed with a bottle.














No comments:
Post a Comment