Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Chapter 412






Image result for national techies day 2017


Today Great Grampa Book came over for a family birthday dinner for his 85th birthday. Right out of the gate, Reagan presented Grampa with the birthday card she made for him.

JoAnn made brownies and left them for Reagan and Kyanne to frost. Reagan has an amazing amount of control of the frosting knife for a 3 year old if I may say so myself.

A little quality control testing missed its mark but the brownies got frosted.

Chelsea slaved and typed her delicate little fingers to the bone making a Book book for Grampa Book's birthday. She did an amazing job turning out a comprehensive Book book if I may say so meself.

Chelsea included pictures of great+ grandparents on both sides of Bob and JoAnn all the way down to Reagan, Payton, and Carter. 

This is the Halloween page with the kids at the Halloween parties we used to have and the costumes I spent hours to make when you can get better ones at Costco for 1/8 the price of what the materials cost me.

The four cousins on Grampa's motorcycle. It seems that every time there was a picture with all the girls as youngsters, Chelsea was not having a good time. 

After the eating, the brownies, the congrats on Chelsea and Grampa's accomplishments, Chelsea for spending what seemed like 85 years making a Book book, Grampa for being a Book that made 85 years to get his Book book! Kyanne had found the pop gun that just hangs around the family room waiting for an opportunity for one of us to shoot another. After we had all shot each other and lost all the balls, Kyanne decided the little tomatoes that Reagan had picked from the garden would be good stand-ins for the original foam balls that we had just lost.

After shooting all of her tomatoes and baby potatoes that I had harvested, Kyanne, Chris, and Bear moved out to the garden to look for ammunition-sized vegetables.

Looking for the right sized tomatoes to make suction-inducing ammo subsitutions. 

Chris loading the tomatoes into the gun for Kyanne. Is this what the military had in mind when they invested in Chris' military weapons training?

Kyanne has the pop gun loaded with tomatoes and ready to shoot.

The morning after, I still find spent tomato rounds out in the patio area.

After all the action, Reagan wanted Auntie to hold her while Chris brushed her choppers. It's important to separate all that frosting from her little teeth before bed.

I had promised Reagan I'd paint her nails first thing in the morning and she held me to that promise. Here she sits at her foot stool and presents me with her fingers and toes for painting. She follows instructions sooo well and didn't move a muscle until her nails were dry.

Then when we went to Harbor Freight to return the non-functioning paint sprayer, we were greeted with the entire area, except Harbor Freight, closed and cordoned off with crime scene tape and Kent police standing guard. While we were returning the sprayer I asked the cashier who got murdered next door. She said one man had been shot dead and two others were critical. KOMO said they would update when they knew something and they haven't posted an update yet.

On a happier note, after Harbor Freight, we went to Erik and Darla's 40th vow renewal. It's hard to believe that anyone can be married that long but we are coming up on our 40th next July. 

They looked all happy, happy walking down the aisle after the deed was done. 

Erik with the cap he just got in Scotland, and his sister Mary fooling around as Schuttens do.  

Erik and Darla trying to figure out how to feed each other cake. I think Darla was a bit afraid it would get messy if she let her guard down. 

As usual, I didn't get any photos of the family while we were all together so I texted the kids and asked for pictures. This is what I get from my little smart asses:

I meant photos of the family dinner. Do I have to spell everything out??? 

Erik and Darla just took a month-long trip including a land trip and a cruise to Europe, Great Britian, and the east coast of the US. Darla got me thimbles as they trekked their way around the world: Giant's Causeway, Ireland; Edinburgh, Scotland; Dresden; Prague, Schonbrunn Castle; Germany, 2 from Budapest, Hungary; and Berlin, Germany. Thanks! Now I have to catalog them into my thimble spreadsheet and put them in their places of honor.

Reagan sporting her father's Air Force hat and boots. Although Chris can wear a uniform well, Reagan has got him beat!

Have a good week everyone!
Image result for funny fall cartoons


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having us all over for dads birthday celebration. It's an awesome day when you can have 4 generations of one family under the same roof!

    ReplyDelete