Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Chapter 415



Oddly enough, when I went to find a photo for National Mincemeat Pie Day, this was the most appetizing photo of mincemeat I could find. This also goes a long way to explaining why I don't like this Midwest "treat" that we had at every holiday event when I was a kid. 

This is going to be a short blog because without Reagan, or the rest of the chaos train pulled into the station, nothing exciting really happens around here. 

Bob got me a birthday bidet toilet seat. Despite sounding like it's just a toilet seat swap, it was quite a project for him. He had to fish wire through the wall to get to it (so the water and seat are warm) to the seat, and rearrange some of the plumbing. After several hours of working in a tight space, we were ready for the Saran Wrap test. Bob was holding the seat down (yes, there is a weight-activated switch) and got surprised when the nozzle started spraying.

We discovered that using this seat for it's intended purpose is not a quick task, it's an adventure. The blow-drying can be a tad chilly until the air heats up after a while. This heated seat even comes with a laminated ready-ready-to-hang Quick User Guide to keep in a "nearby visible location" next to the toilet. It's almost too complicated to comprehend.

Since this afternoon was supposed to be nice, which it wasn't I might add, we took the convertible to North Bend to hunt for merino wool socks for Bob. We did have a nice outing, more than fair amount of rain, and a view of this cute little cabin rolling down highway 18. It was super-cute and well-made, both typically unusual for a cabin rolling down the freeway on a trailer frame. It even had little antler porch lights on each side of the door!

Reagan had a good time sailing a ship at the Bainbridge Children's Museum. Since the water and ferries have always been such a part or her life she doesn't even know that's not how the rest of the world rolls, or in this case, floats.

Reagan and Carissa. Reagan definitely has Chris' cute little nose!

My friend, Mary Lou, texted asking me if we were going to have our required earthquake evacuation drill on Friday. Auto correct took our conversation in a whole different direction than I had intended. Mary Lou, true to her nature, never misses a moment to point out that I boo-boo'd...again.


Although this birthday card came from Bob, it explains Nitro's sentiments exactly. He doesn't seem to understand that, in exchange for food, a roof over his head and warm blankets, there is a price to be paid. This includes a fair amount of mauling that must be endured. Nothing in life is free, Cat. Nothing in life is free.






1 comment:

  1. Is that new toilet seat have a self cleaning button? Not to clean you but the toilet.....And in case you're wondering, I would pair my dumbass with a cute pair of boots and a light raincoat! LOL

    ReplyDelete