I used to say the only dumb question was the unasked question. Then I started working in high school classes. Now I kind of feel that if you have a question, unless you are positive it's not a dumb question and it's been vetted by two other students, keep it to yourself.
After a tough couple of hours pressure cooking our dinner, the pot wanted back in the house. While making the concrete counter tops this summer, I had been cooking outside. I decided I really liked keeping the heat, steam, and noise outside so now I cook my dinner on the back steps. When it's done, it sits on the step and looks in the slider just like Bear does when he wants back in the house. Unlike letting Bear inside, the cooker gives us the treat instead of me giving Bear a treat.
Chris' sister, Jennie, is a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) nurse. She's taking the opportunity to be a traveling nurse. This way she and her husband and son can explore this beautiful country three months at a time, the length of each rotation in a different location. This rotation landed them in Puyallup, a great opportunity for cousins William and Reagan to get to play together. Since Jennie and Company move around so much, I offered to babysit for them. Jennie took me up on the offer for their 4th anniversary so they could go to the Mariners vs. Texas baseball game. William was perfect even though he really didn't even know me. We had a great evening together although I think it was really the Paw Patrol that rescued me and kept William engaged.
Our big project around here is painting the house this weekend. This meant that the week consisted mostly of cutting plants back, moving things away from the house, removing the shutters and other stuff attached to the house.
Unfortunately for Nitro, that meant his catio was being removed for a while. Sitting in the window looking through the screen was just going to have to be his entertainment this weekend.
I showed Nitro the door was latched and pulled the curtain in front of it as a reminder, but he still sat on the ledge and looked outside wistfully.
At last it was Saturday morning, all the last-minute stuff had been done early that morning (by Bob while I slept in) and we trouped outside to fire up the new paint sprayer and get his job done. Wouldn't you know it, the sprayer WOULDN'T PUMP PAINT! What is a paint sprayer without the ability to spray paint? A freakin' disaster, that's what. A quick internet search and a speedy trip to Lowe's netted us a second sprayer--for twice the price--and we were back in business 90 minutes off schedule.
My purpose in life on Saturday morning was to paint the edges of the two bottom rows of siding where the sprayer can't reach. As I painted my way past the garden I had to stop for a snack
I finished off the last of the tomatoes
and ate both heads of cabbage.
The new paint color (on the left) is not much different from what we had before so it was hard for Bob to paint since the two colors look like shadows.
Another of my jobs was Hose-Wrangler Technician. One of my tasks was to attach the nozzle to the string so Bob could pull it up to paint the chimney. Important stuff. Without me, the task could never have been completed.
The cars were nestled all snug in their beds while visions of flex fuel danced in their heads. We wanted to be sure that we didn't paint the cars as well. After all, they are not VW bus' in the 60's!
Oh happy day! Nitro finally got his catio back. Ok, it's been less than 24 hours but it's been a stressful time for him.
The final product! See, it really doesn't look like two long days of work or even that much different from the color we covered up.
Reagan and her friend, Jane, sharing a pair of 'noculars.



















No comments:
Post a Comment