Total Pageviews

Monday, September 4, 2017

Chapter 408

Happy Labor Day 2016

Nitro and I have been enjoying these last summer days. Each morning he sits on the bathroom window sill and watches the birds from above while he waits for me to get up. Then I join him to survey the garden and check on the squirrel trap (indicated by red arrow) to see if I have a squirrel that is lucky enough to go visit his relatives SOMEWHERE ELSE! 


This morning the trap was full, but when I checked on it, it was NOT a squirrel but a teenage possum. I believe he was the baby one I caught once before. Apparently the siren song of fresh peanut butter was too much for him to resist. We can play "Name that possum". Fill in the following blank: Dumber than a ______________. Since my battle is not with the possum species, I opened the door and tried to send him on his way. I poked, tipped, shook, whistled, and finally dumped the trap but the possum hung on tight would not move out for any reason.

So he sat in the trap for over two hours and when I checked back at 2 hours and 15 minutes, he was finally gone. Maybe he just doesn't know how to function in daylight or without tire tracks across his back. I didn't check the road to see if he'd taken up residence on the shoulder... 

After trap checking, Nitro and I lounge on the patio and watch the birds for a bit while we soak up the morning sun and I work on JagMag or pay bills.

While I'm out there, I admire my angel's trumpet tree. It started as a bald 30" stick and has become a 10' tall tree with blooms starting to open. The flowers smell sooo good in the evenings while we sit on the patio.

The flowers are huge!

Since it's hot, I've been taking my pressure cooker outside to do it's thing. Since it steams up the windows so bad when I release the steam, I think I will let it cook out on the porch from now on. You can see how wet the cement is after the released steam settled on the patio.

This is how Bob has spent a few moments of each day. Napping in his lounger on the patio. We've spent a lot of time out on the patio this year. More than ever before. 

When I lounge in my chair, I see airplane bellies. I've always wondered where they are going to or coming from and why, what kind of airplane it is, and more. You'd think I'd find something more useful to jam up my brain with besides wondering where other folks are going. 

So, I found there is an app for that! It doesn't help me with why these folks need to fly somewhere, but it answers a lot of my other questions. We are the red dot and I see the belly of the airplane shown. The pop-up shows where they are coming from or going to, what kind of plane it is, and a photo of the plane. It makes me happy, happy, to lounge in my chair and troll the travelers in the sky.

We went to the kids yesterday to watch Reagan while the kids went to a wedding. As you can see, it was so hot when we got there that the animals were melting off of the furniture!

Since it was a Reagan-directed afternoon, we started with getting our hair done before we went to dinner. You can hear exactly what Reagan's hairdresser says and how polite she is since that's exactly what Reagan was telling us. Since her bbq set is doing double duty as hair styling tools, I was asked if I wanted "ketchup or mustard" spray on my hair.

Bob chose mustard spray on his hair. Reagan also spent an inordinate amount of time rubbing a plastic-corn-on-the-cob on our heads while saying "This is going to be kind of scratchy, let me know if it's too much."

Then off to Fish Park in Poulsbo to hide some of the painted rocks she's been finding in parks but hasn't wanted to give up. She decided on her own to hide some of her collection so she ran outside and dumped the sidewalk chalk out of the regulation rock-carrying bucket and filled it with the painted rocks destined to be re-homed. 

Fish Park is "Ground Zero" for painted rocks for Kitsap County Rocks. Have a look at that Facebook site to see how much effort to goes into these rocks. This driftwood fish in Fish Park is where Reagan found a rock once and wants to be sure to release one there too.

Reagan's first release was exactly where she found one when I was with her once.

Then off to the requested "Rebbin Robin" dinner. She thought the picture of the "berrylicious" frozen cake in the lobby looked really yummy so we got one for her. She was so surprised and tucked right into it. Reagan gets uber wound up with any sugar so our job was to get her wound back down and into bed...asleep...before her parents got home and revoked our grandparent license. Phew, we did it!

Chris' sister, Jennie, is a travelling nurse and has recently been assigned to Puyallup. This gives them an awesome opportunity to spend some quality cousin time together and for Reagan to show William around her stomping grounds.

Reagan helping with dinner and making pineapple pizza for dinner. She's actually getting to the point where she can be of some real help.

For some reason this photo of Reagan drinking from a moose horn cup looks familiar...

Oh, that's right...
Image result for chevy chase drinking from christmas vacation moose glasses

We took some tomatoes from our garden for Reagan to eat. She loves to eat them straight up like an apple.

Everything is under control now! Reagan helps Daddy run the Air Force from his office at McChord Airforce Base. I bet there aren't a lot of Air Force offices with a turtle on the desk.

Have a great week Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment