Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Chapter 410


Happy 85th Birthday to Great-Grampa Book!

Nitro is laying in the sun doing his best impression of one of those stuffed animal draft stoppers. It's his favorite place to lounge in the sun. Little does he know he could just walk through the bottom of that the rollout screen door like it isn't even there. When leaves blow up against the screen, he'll reach outside and drag them into the house!

First day of work, first day of shoes. I haven't worn shoes ALL summer. I was so excited that my ankle felt totally healed and wouldn't be making me miserable at work anymore, no swelling, no pain...until I wore shoes again. Now I'm back to where I was a couple of years ago when this all started. Blah. 

We occasionally have a bunny in the yard, but this year we've had a ton of them running around our yard and patio. Another teacher that lives a mile or so away said they have tons of bunnies this year as well. So far they've been good little bunnies and are staying away from the garden and flowers. I guess the squirrels have put the word out that if they don't want to visit their distant cousins, or in the case of bunnies, the dinner table, they'd better stay away from my stuff!

Reagan loves to find and hide painted "community rocks" so I thought I'd fix up a few for her. I'm no painter and this was a personal sacrifice for her. I don't know what I was thinking when I launched into the project. Actually, one thing I was thinking is that I would be working alone. Silly me. Nitro decided to put on his supervisor's collar on and watch me work with condemnation in his eyes.

At the end of a frustrating evening I had turned out 4 rocks that looked as if Nitro had done them all by himself. Chelsea, you need to start painting community rocks, you are the painting talent in the family.  The nail polish dotted rocks look the least like the cat did them.

Nitro and I went for a walk after I got home from work. He loves his walks and likes to poke around in the yard. Sometimes he just likes to plop down on a rock or hop up on a stump and soak in the outdoors. He can do the same thing from his catio but, like the rest of us, he likes a change of scenery once in a while.

Meanwhile, there is no relaxing for Bob. He's getting the house ready to paint and is caulking, trimming, replacing rotten wood, and not sitting in his chair on his computer.

Since it's supposed to rain tomorrow, while Bob was working on his projects, I went out to the garden and picked as many ripe tomatoes as possible. I don't expect the rest of them to live through the rain but hopefully they do. Nature kept me entertained with a good selection of tomato butts. 

Look how deep red these tomatoes are inside. They are so rich they taste like tomato sauce. Yum!
 

While I'm munching on my super yummy tomatoes, Bob is on the roof replacing brick molding and caulking the rain out to keep his family snug for the winter.

Reagan went out to Fish Park and found herself some painted rocks. Finding a painted rock always puts a huge smile on her face.
  
This rock is a big 'un!


Then Reagan got the crud and spent a couple of days at home being a sickopotomus with a high temperature. Her doctor said norovirus is making it's way across the peninsula. Great. They can keep it.

After a few days, the old Reagan was back and she and Mozzie were back to their old mischief again.

 Reagan felt well enough to go to Keyport Fest and join in the mariner-based activities like driving the Navy Fleet NW's Admiral boat.

This is her first face painting and it appears that she is now a Junior Deputy for the Kitsap County Sheriff Department.

There was some fishing involved although she's gonna have to go back for more to provide for her family. It was a lucky little fishy today as it went back in the water.  

Reagan loved the ambulance and it took 3 trips on board before she was satisfied. Maybe she'll go into medicine when she gets older

She got to play tic-tac-toe with a Navy diver, each on their own side of the glass.



1 comment:

  1. Don't know what you're talking about, your painted rocks are fabulous! Such a dedicated grandma!

    ReplyDelete