Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 10, 2017


Image result for 911 never forget

This weeks's project has been building myself a new thread cabinet. My thread has always been out of control and I've moved from one system to another looking for the ultimate thread utopia. Hopefully this isn't yet another system that I'm just passing through. It started when I bought an old dart board cabinet at Goodwill.
Image result for old dart board cabinet
And a picture frame at St. Vincent's.

 Plus a $12.00 poster and a piece of foam core board and paint from Dollar Tree, I came up with a pretty cool thread cabinet!

Bob built the guts to go inside the cabinet for me and put the picture frame on the cabinet in place of the doors using the old dart board hinges and latch.

Wha la! Another National Park picture on our wall of travel posters! I love it!


Like everyone else, we've been so smokey here. After a couple of days, we finally saw the first sign that the smoke was finally clearing. We could see the sun! It was weird knowing we were having bright sunny days and were wandering around in a greyish/pink fog.  

Our Angel trumpet tree seems to love the smoggy weather as it started busting out flowers like crazy.

The kids came for the weekend and I was greeted this face asking if I would fix her dragon who's wing had come loose. Thank you Mozz the Dragon Slayer, I'll clean up after you.

As usual, Bear had a great time. He loves carrots and especially giant carrots fresh from the garden. He chewed on this one for quite a while even while we walked out in the yard.

We all walked out to see what was brewing in the compost area. You can see that the grass is dead, Dead, DEAD! That keeps the mowing to a minimum so Bob is happy. And as far as the compost area is concerned, anyone want squashes?

 Chris had family day on base so Carissa and Reagan go to go visit Daddy at his "airplane work" as Reagan called it. 

As we enjoy beautiful weather on our side of the United States, the other side is far from enjoying good weather. I checked my air traffic page www.radarbox24.com and could see that, compared to the other air traffic, Florida and the Caribbean are looking a little light right now. When I checked earlier this morning, there were no aircraft at all around the Caribbean. I hope that part of the country is up and running full speed soon.
   
Super Hero Reagan Earhart keeps her imagination fired up while playing.

 Giving her snakes medicine to "keep them safe".

While looking for photos for Chelsea this week, I found some good stuff. You are lucky I'm not posting them all here! This is Carissa at her second birthday party. She wasn't in a very good mood because I had to wake her up in the car. She's a slow waker-upper...just like her daughter. This photo looks just like Reagan doesn't it? I didn't realize at the time how much Carissa and Chelsea looked alike until I started going through my old photos.

Carissa, about 2 years old, I think.

  Kyanne and Carissa in Kyanne's bed.

I made two of these pumpkin outfits for the girls. I filled them with balloons to fluff them up but that made them so they were not very easy to move around in. This was back in the days before Pinterest or the internet so I had no help with the technical aspects of this design.

Probably Mother's Day at JoAnn's house.

Bob and Carissa.

Have a good week, Everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Your creative ability to take something old and make it something new is amazing (thread cabinet). Wow--we keep saying how much Reagan looks like Chelsea but she is all her momma!

    ReplyDelete