Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Chapter 365

Image result for veterans day

I'm proud to honor veterans with this special day. I'm really embarrassed that they sacrificed so the presidential candidates can argue over video clips and email and not how they are going to improve the lives of the veterans and the lives of others they fought for.


On top of all this election wackiness, the holidays are bearing down upon us. Sears has their Christmas decorations up. Is this the 2016 trend in Christmas decorating? If this is it, I'd better get my box of Zip-Loc bags out and start decorating.

Meanwhile, 3 days after Halloween, the cashier in JoAnn Fabrics is still wearing her sugar skull costume face. Has she slept sitting up for the last 3 nights? Why is she still wearing face paint? Sugar skull makeup just doesn't have the same effect several days after the intended purpose.

Then there is this blow up cartoon creature at Lowe's which doesn't say (or even whisper) Merry Christmas to me.

Speaking of Lowe's, we've decided to finish the hardwood floor out to the living room. We ripped up the carpet, all the while wondering how long the carpet has been in the house. I called Darla to ask her since she carpeted her house the same year (with the same carpet and color) but she didn't remember either. Later we pulled up more of the carpet only to answer my own question. The carpet installation date was written by either Carissa or me, right in the middle of the floor. We have had that carpet for 23 years. I'm so glad it gone!

Here's the new floor and the new installation tool, ready for us to roll up our sleeves, take our ibuprophen, and get started.
 

I opened a box and sorted it by length so it's easier to find the length I need to fill the gaps. The package allows a 10% wastage for cutting boards to fit. That's 1 inch of waste for every 10 inches of floor laid. I take it as a personal challenge to come in waaay under that. My average on each of the other two flooring projects was less than 1% waste.

The floor is prepped and ready for the new boards to touch down.

We made it to the fireplace before the ibuprofen started to wear off and we had to take a medical break.

Medicine in a bucket...but not for two more weeks.

Carissa sent me a picture of Reagan painting. When asked what she was painting, Reagan said "Grama". I felt honored, however I think she doesn't quite have my skin tone down yet.

Reagan got her big-girl bed last week. She helped her mom take her crib apart so she knew she had not option but to move into her new bed.

Reagan's new bed is in place and ready for some sleeping action.

Mission accomplished.

This year Reagan was another strong woman of history. She was a Rockford Peach from Rockford, Illinois during the mid 40's. She actually looks so much like her Aunt Chelsea here, if I didn't know it was Reagan, I'd say it was Chelsea for sure.

The last two years of costumes include other historical women, Amelia Earhart and Rosie the Riveter. Let's see what Reagan wants to be next year since I'm sure she'll want some input on it. Maybe she'll want to be Hillary Clinton?

We are making progress with the living room. We aren't able to work as fast as we used to, but we are getting her done. Does it really matter if it takes two or three days? It still gets done.


















This is my board cutting setup. Thankfully we have a nice covered porch to work on since it absolutely poured rain yesterday. It's nice that I don't have to run out to the garage to cut each board. Even with this shortcut, I got almost 10,000 on my Fitbit.


Done. I'm.so.glad.it will be over soon!

A Facebook memory from two years ago. Bob is racing Kyanne's greyhounds on an isolated beach in Long Beach. Really? Race a greyhound? Once they get the feel of sand between their toes, they are off at warp speed. Bob, not so much.


Reagan is a true Northwesterner. She doesn't mind suiting up and going out in the weather. Kyanne crocheted Reagan's viking hat on request. Isn't it adorable?

In better weather, Reagan leads the way on a hike through the woods.

Reagan is loving breakfast muffins.

Eternally curious, she's found something worthy of her microscope eye and turns the power up to 10x.




























Spending some time in the rain in her sandbox.

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Floor looks amazing! You both work harder on weekends than most people do during the week at their jobs!

    ReplyDelete