That's right folks! Richard will be rejoining the ranks of the gainfully employed. Welcome back to alarm clocks, traffic, and food on your last clean shirt before you can even get to work!
Here is a Facebook memory from 4 years ago this week. It was hailing really hard and Bear wanted none of it, even if he didhave his raincoat on!
Remember that birthday yukka, Albert, that Chris brought home last week? I went and got Albert a whole new outfit so he has the best opportunity at life that he can. He got a new pot, drip tray, rolling tray, and dirt. Now he's on his own because I can't grow plants indoors. I'm so sorry, Uncle Albert. I'm so sorry if I cause you any pain.
This is earthquake awareness day. This is also the rainiest day of the month. This is the date of our annual earthquake drill. This is not fun. The two are not compatible. Here the auto teacher, Kurt, talks to a couple of our soggy students.
Since the auto shop is the closest to the field, we got there first and waited until for about 45 minutes for the rest of the building to empty out and get everyone accounted for. It was a long, wet 45 minutes. Next drill, we wait a while before we head for the field. The good side of this is that we didn't have wound-up loose students milling around screaming and going class to class until they had launched mass destruction. My umbrella-mate seems pretty happy to have found his way to a dry space on the field.
I think I had water on my lens but this is the scene on Trojan Field about mid-way through the drill while we waited for the rest of the school to make their way out to us.
These two (very small) peppers are the entire pepper crop from our garden. It was a hard-fought battle for these two and I wanted to put them out of my misery all summer.

Speaking of hard-fought battles and wanting to put me out of their misery, my ballot came in the mail today. I guess my hopes of this all being a SNL skit or the "real" candidates appearing out of the blue and yelling "April Fools" is becoming less and less likely to come true. It seems strange that the candidates, and ours, hopes, dreams, and rancor ends with this tiny little envelope. Hang on folks, we've got quite a ride ahead of us!
On a happier note, we went to Mt. Si Brewery Supply and bought some little packages. These packages just happened to be 3 kinds of hops, 7 pounds of grain, and a bunch of other stuff I have no idea what it is. Stay tuned for a Dechute's Brewery Black Butte Porter clone. Once again, wish us luck!
As the days are getting colder, Nitro has decided it's time to sleep under the covers now. He hops into his custom-made kitty sack to hide away from the world and grab a "cat nap".
He appeared to like napping in his cat sack better than me opening it up and taking a picture of him in it. I'd better sleep with one eye open tonight.
Tahoma High School auto shop students, out in Maple Valley, hosted a car show to raise funds for SkillsUSA competitions. They were expecting 10 or fewer cars so I represented the Auburn High School auto shop by taking a Jag out to their show. They had a unexpectly great turnout with over 35 cars. There were some cars that I don't usually see at shows. I don't know what kind of car that is next to the Jag, but it had a pretty cool paint job.
The students did a good job planning everything and setting it all up. They did a very professional job.
Alice Cooper's boat tail speedster Auburn Titled "Welcome to My Nightmare" after his album of the same name was there.
Reagan in her self-styled nighttime wardrobe. She is currently in a "No jammies, please!" phase. She does enjoy the shark and tiger slippers that Great Grampa Keefer specially mailed to her.
More non-jammies accessorized by the tiger slippers that Great Grandpa Keefer sent her.
A trip to the Boeing Airplane Museum or whatever it's called. Fortunately for her daddy, it's one of Reagan's favorite places.
No one is exempt from getting their faces poked at, even an astronaut!
Bear. Being Bear.
Reagan with her little owl backpack on.
Carissa is getting really good at not only doing Reagan's hair, but getting her to hold still while she does an intricate style like this.
Cousins Payton and Carter.
Ho Hum. Just another day in the beautiful Puget Sound for Reagan.
Have a good week, everyone!



















No comments:
Post a Comment