This was a quiet week in the Book household. As a consequence, we have even less of interest to report than usual. So, loyal readers, save the reading of this blog for bedtime and use it as a sleep aid.
We are in our fall weather pattern. Lots of rain, lots of soggy weather, and lots of rainbows. Although this photo can't capture the true colors, this rainbow had some of the most intense colors I've ever seen in a rainbow. As we went around a turn in the highway, it went to a double then a triple rainbow.
As you may recall last week, we had moved the juke box out to the garage and were preparing it for sale. What you didn't see was moments after we got it started up we were dancing around the garage with our fists pumping in the air and high-fiving each other because the juke box still worked. As it turns out, we celebrated too soon. While we were doing our happy dance the juke box stopped. Just stopped. Dead. After Bob did some shallow diagnosis, it was determined to cover the lifeless body of the juke box with a white sheet of death and roll it to the morgue for a while. We have bigger fish to fry right now and don't have time to resurrect it right now.
One of these "bigger fish" is Bob preparing my '56 Ford for sale. I think it's time I get a real car. As my dad says, "I've chewed all the flavor out of this gum" and am ready to get a "real" car. I just want little things like power windows so that I don't have to rip my right shoulder off cranking open the passenger window in hopes of getting some cool air...An evenly heated cab where the heat doesn't come boiling out onto my gas foot so the meat is practically falling off the bones of my right foot, while the left foot gets cold water dumped on it during left turns when it's raining out...In the summer, I would like a car that doesn't make me feel like the witch Gretel pushed into an oven with no possible way to get enough air flowing through said oven it to ever cool off.
While we were out running errands today we stopped and collected 3 caches. One we found stuck to the bottom of a post on a bridge near Costco, and two in the parking lots of stores we were going to anyway. That makes 60 caches we've found to date, and added a bit of fun to our routine errands.
See this perfectly smooth floor in front of my classroom door. A floor I've walked over thousands, if not tens of thousands of times before? Somehow it reached out and grabbed my foot and I crashed to the floor breaking my fall on one of my students on the way down. Thankfully I didn't crack the floor when I hit.
The result of my fall was a third kneecap. Everyone needs a third kneecap. Although it looked terrible, it didn't hurt and went down with ice. Whew!
You know what happens when I'm short on blog material? I show Nitro photos. I have heard rumors that some of you actually like Nitro photos so here goes.
It's a tough life that Nitro leads. He not only naps on our bed, but he sleeps under the blanket I put on the bed to keep him off the comforter.
Nitro NASCATs through the family room to get my attention then runs up onto the utility sink and waits for me to arrive. This means he wants a drink of fresh water, not the yucky stuff in his bowl. This also requires I turn the utility sink water on and wait for him to get his stupidly long drink. Spoiled animal.
Nitro is hiding from the Presidental debate on TV. I wish I could hide from the entire election, not just the debate!
Reagan is growing taller every day. She's almost as tall as a German shepherd's ears. Or is that "ear high by the Fourth of July?"
Oh, you know, just hangin' out in the laundry basket with my crustacean friends.
After her doctor check on Friday, a walk through Poulsbo and a cookie at Sluy's Bakery were in order. Reagan felt like she needed an ice cream brain freeze face to go with her cookie.
Does this look like a kid that broke her collar bone less than two weeks ago? She seems to be healing remarkably fast. We're glad she is feeling better as quickly as she has.
Have a good week everyone!
















Your blogs are never boring--you got a cat and a kid, that keeps us blog stalkers happy!
ReplyDelete