Happy Birthday to Aunty Karen!
I don't know if there is a saying for hops plants like there is for corn. Maybe "Fingertip high by the fourth of July" although that moment seems to have passed. I never thought of Bob as much of a gardener, but he sure enjoys fussing with his Father's Day hop crop.
Shortly, the hops had overgrown the trellis Bob had built for it. Now he's putting guide strings up to the roof. Hopefully the hops don't overgrow the new trellis.
Apparently Bob's hops love his new trellis and they are already half way up the roof. Hopefully I won't have to open the bathroom window and let the hops run across the shower rod.
Later I went out to find Bob and after a goodly amount of searching, I found him on the roof. Seriously? The roof? Well, the joke was on me as he soon had me walking up and down the driveway with a couple of old tennis shoes to drop at random points in the driveway. He's building an Early Warning System so we can tell if anyone has breached our fortress. He had me dropping shoes in the driveway to show where the alarm was alerting. Hint: Never in the right place.
We've been having some vandalism in the shed so we busted out the cat trap to catch the perpetrator. I didn't know what we were going to catch, but I didn't picture a momma AND baby possum when I checked the trap the next morning. Since my battle wasn't really with the possums, I did the "hard release" like bears get. This means lots of noise, yelling, and chaos once the trap door is opened and hope they are scared enough to not come back. Let me tell you, a possum running at full throttle is not a pretty sight!
As we get older, there appears to be no shortage of things for doctors to sharpen their knives on. In this case, it was some warts on the bottom of my foot. As the doc recalled
I didn't behave and bled all over when I had my last warts removed, I was given a nice rubber glove to hold the bandages on and the blood in. I did listen to the post op instructions this time and went straight home without shopping first like I did last time.
Reagan photo bombed this pic of Mozzy in Theo's chair. Mozzy had decided that all those comfy little beds have been placed around the house for his personal convenience.
Since we've been playing with our food at the table since the kids were small, it's no surprise to see Kyanne building an ancient ruins with her rib bones. Ryan and Kyanne have a Traeger smoker/bbq and what I have had from it, including these ribs, was amazing!
Reagan had a good trip to the dentist and had her usual mascot photo after her appointments.
Although Reagan is enjoying her pool in the nice weather, she still likes to keep an eye on her little brother.
Dad, they hockey player in the family, is training up the next generation of ice skater.
Who wouldn't want to learn to ice skate when you get to ride a seal around?












My brother is more and more like our dad. The tennis shoes off the roof? Brilliant!
ReplyDelete