Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 14, 2019

Chapter 482



For our anniversary, we figured we'd check out the new McMenamins in Tacoma. The old Elks building has been totally restored and definitely worth a look. There is so much cool stuff inside you could wander the building looking at the art and history for a couple of hours then stop at one of the 6 restaurants or bars to replenish and start looking at more.

Our room overlooked the inner courtyard of the building. Note the 3 different light fixtures in the room.

One of the bars is a secret bar that you have to find yourself. Employees won't give hints either. We only found it because we saw someone else coming out of the bar.

Somewhere behind a hidden wall, is this great little bar.

The entire building is chock-a-block with antique light fixtures. There are hundreds of them, all different and very colorful. 

We went down to the bottle shop for a beer...

...hung out the balcony and took a photo of Commencement Bay. The view was amazing. Give the place a try for entertainment, food, and a walk through history.

We brought Reagan home with us after a visit to "the kids" since she hadn't been her for quite a while. She was a kid gone wild. She ran from place to place checking out her stuff to see that it's all where it should be. Fresh carrots. Check.

Kitchen stuff outside and set up? Check.

Zooming around the patio. Check.

This lawnmower is getting smaller every year but she had to take it out for a spin anyone since it's one of her favorite toys. Check. Let's hope she continues to like to use lawnmowers.

She couldn't wait for bedtime to play in her bed so she spent an hour of quiet time checking out more of her things. Check. Notice her Mom's Care Bear sheet.

Reagan took her shirt off so she's ready for more action. Here she plays with all of her "heritage" Fisher Price toys. Check.

The slide is her next victim. Check.

My mother has been wanting to see Reagan so we loaded up and headed to Shelton to see her. Reagan loved Shelton! She kept commenting on how beautiful the town was and that she loved the houses.

Reagan enjoyed exercising on the elliptical and stepper that was in the living room. My mother and Andy use this stuff like hamsters. They climb on it for 5 minutes several times each day. It doesn't sound like much, but it adds up if you are in your 80's & 90's.

 Reagan wanted to stay in the Scamp so when we got home we filled it with her crap and spent the night out there. 

She loves her bunk and, today, discovered being able to fill the lower bunk with even more crap. I guess she figures Theo won't be using that bunk for a while.

A night in the trailer? Check.

Visiting "her" zebra at the SuperMall.

 Helping Grampa show off his hops plant. It's taller than the two of them. In the next few days it's crawled it's way up the rope and is almost up to the bathroom window.

Everything looked at, played with, moved around, and given a hug. Check. A successful week tired her out. 

We went to the Exotics at Redmond Town Center Saturday. I loved this little working McLaren that matched the big ones.

 Bob got a new BBQ and rotisserie. We strung a chicken onto it an gave it a good roast and a bit of smoke.


Success! 

I am trying to decide if this blog is worth continuing. I know only one of my loyal readers comments, so in order to know if I have more than one reader, please leave a very quick comment so I know that my efforts aren't wasted!



3 comments:

  1. You know I love it, I lead a boring life, I need to have something to look forward to. I just can't figure out how to have my profile here, it's Mary Lou in case you couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stop! Even if I know what's going on in your lives, I love seeing it photographed and documented. Plus it gives our girls and grandkids something to laugh about when we are long gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to binge read, but I too enjoy your blog Tanya.
    Hope your trip is fun and we expect to see some pictures here.
    Love you, Auntie Karen

    ReplyDelete