Happy Easter!
My neighbor, Kelly, brought over some eggs from her chickens all color coordinated and cute. I love that she thought to share her eggs with me, but on the other hand, I feel like they are my chickens as well. I have chased (and caught) them in my yard, texted Kelly when stray dogs were attacking them, and suggested a timed feeder for when we were both out of town.


My intent was to return cute little chick mini cupcakes as a thank you when I returned her box. I am cursed with frosting and this time around was no exception. So I subbed in yellow grassy topping with chocolate curls hoping it looked like I-meant-them-to-be-that-way-all-along neighborly treat.
Bob decided to remodel the patio. This involved removing and washing the current river rocks and reloading them into their home base. This is a huge job and I dabbled in shoveling the rocks out with Bob before I moved on to planting in the greenhouse.
Hopefully he'll get it all put together so we can enjoy our summer flowers again!
While I planted the garden the plastic blew up and down all around me and made a lot of noise. It was hard to hear it over the neighbor's tractor running next door.
As a bonus, I also got my flowers all planted and tucked snugly in their little greenhouse. Hopefully we get some sun to warm their little roots up and get them growing.
Carissa uses Hello Fresh, a meal service that delivers all the ingredients for 3 meals a week. She referred me for a free week of meals and I happily ordered them. A few days later this box showed up with my 3 pre-selected meals.
I laid out the ingredients for the first meal. Look at those cute little jars of mayonnaise, ketchup, and vinegar! It's nice that I didn't have to make any shopping choices and I was presented with the proper ingredients all rounded up for me without having to dodge kids and folks that park their grocery cart crosswise in the aisle and wander off to look for something.
Even Bob made up one of the meals. It gives clear easy instructions to follow. However, I don't know how he managed to dirty every pan in the kitchen following the instruction card.
Although the meals are great and easy to prepare, we usually don't put that kind of effort into our meals...and is reflected in the quality of our meals. I kept reminding myself that most of the meal choices include pork, dairy or chicken which we don't eat too much of. This was my mantra while I used both hands to force myself click on the "cancel" button once the trial period was over.
A daily routine at work for me is that my desk starts out tidy and towards the end of the day my desk is a graveyard for things no one knows what to do with. It doesn't matter that I too have no idea what to do with these varied and sundry items.
Saturday we went to Kyanne and Ryan's so Bob could help Ryan install a gas line for their new BBQ. While they guys researched, sawed, hacked, drilled, and pondered, Kyanne, Sally, and I enjoyed a rare day of spring sunshine. Obviously, Sally is the most comfortable since Kyanne brought her bed out.
Here's my cute little Easter bunnies!
Reagan must have a whole wardrobe of bunny ears as she had a different color the next morning.
The kids found this cute little Sopwith Camel biplane at the Bremerton airport play area. Reagan loves airplanes and this climber was no exception.
In fact, the entire family could fly on it.
Easter morning basket.


















As always your blog is delightful! It reminds me I've fallen behind.....again!
ReplyDelete