Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 22, 2018

Chapter 443


We met our friends, of almost 40 years, Ann and Fabio, for lunch this week and Fabio had some of his old video put on a DVD. The video is grainy but I snatched a couple of stills out of it to add a little spice to this week's blog. As usual, I did not get a photo of Ann and Fabio. 

Check this out! Those were my favorite green overalls. This was a party we had at our old house so it was maybe 1979 or 1980-ish.

If you want the exact date, just ask another old friend of 40 years. Erik, shown here sporting shorty-shorts, a broken arm, the aviator glasses he still wears to this day, and a beer. He remembers the dates for EVERYTHING! And I'm fairly sure he still has those shorty-shorts in the back of his closet somewhere. 

Eating a hot dog with Bob.

Another picture of Erik and his classy sling. FYI, Erik broke his arm because he ran off the roof of his house when he saw a bee because his sister is allergic to bees. We still don't know if Erik is allergic to bees or not.

I'm fairly sure this is JoAnn in the video. She had that amazing Princess Di haircut. It sure looks like her!

Another still of Erik standing on the picnic table bench with his broken arm and Daisy Dukes.

Here's a still of Bob that I took off the TV.  This confirms that urban legend that he did have hair at one time!

Meanwhile back to reality. From party girl to going to bed at 9:30 pm with a coned dog. My how things have changed. Bear always got to sleep on the bed when he was young but now he just gets to lay up there until Bob goes to bed. Those two don't get along during the night too well any more. That and the cat will slap him silly until he gets off bed anyway.

Our science teacher was looking for a chaperone for her trip to Northwest Trek and, since we were having a substitute that day, I happily signed up for the duty. A change of animals always does a body good. Here I'm being bitten by a stuffed wolf. Everyone else was taking selfies with it but since no one wants to see that (or this either if you get right down to it) I let it bite me. One girl screamed to "Watch out!" since she thought I was going to really get bitten.

The lake at NW Trek is always pretty. The original folks that raised their family then donated the land for NW Trek lived on the little peninsula on the left of the photo. The house is still there.

I tell you, there is nothing like being stuck in the tram for 45 minutes with whining teenagers. Since we didn't have any cell signal, they actually had to look at stuff.for a while. Then some of them put their heads down to sleep. No reason to talk to the person next to them if they didn't have cell service! The end result was statements like "WHY does she (the naturalist) have to keep talking? Can't they just play music or something?" or "Why is that animal laying out in the middle of that field, doesn't it know it's much more comfortable in a barn or something?"

"Why are their animals so dirty? They need to do a better job of keeping them clean." And for the mountain goat ram "Someone needs to do his antlers. They look terrible all dry and flaky!" Well Honey, why don't you go try to give that two-curl ram a hornicure and see how that works out for you!

The next day I met Cindy for dinner then we walked around Wapato Lake and I got 3 caches as we walked, people-watched, talked, and solved the problems of the world.


While we are trying to get a bit of exercise, this young father zooms past us on his balance board while pushing a stroller. Me thinks he's missing the point of being out and about.

We finished off the week with dinner with Dad and Bobbie. They came up for memorial service and had a quick dinner here the night before. We had a great time but, as usual, I did not get a picture of them either!

Nitro is loving taking a nap in front of an open window. He has a catio and he can go outside any time he wants, but he does love himself an open window anyway.

And Reagan out and about in Monterey on a bit of a vacay. She loves riding on an airplane.

Playhouse at a pizza place.

 Soaking up sun with Daddy at a winery.







Obviously sleeping in motels is not a problem for Reagan.

Housebreaking her turtle. He likes to be read to while he's in training.

Now this is the way to grocery shop!

And let's hope this is the last time she is in the back of a police car!



1 comment:

  1. What a relief I'm remembered for my haircut and not those shorts!


    Another great week, another great blog!

    ReplyDelete