to me!
Reagan loves her art so I bought her an art cart so all her stuff will be in one place and accessible to her. What is one more Reagan thing out in the living room anyway?
We had her for the night and, as usual, she keeps us busy. Here she is training with some plastic sewing shapes and laces. She's pretty good at this.
Since Reagan has Fish Park in Poulsbo, I had to take her to our bird park. It's actually the Auburn Environmental Park and there is supposed to be some good bird spotting there between the railroad tracks and Highway 167. I've never seen much of interest there, but they do have our most favorite cache we've ever found. Reagan is holding a pussy willow branch that she about petted the fur off of.
I got an old Trouble game at the thrift store and Reagan did great playing it. Of course she enjoyed the popping. Truth be told, that's all of our favorite part of that game. That game would be would be nothing without the popping dome!
Reagan sure doesn't fit in the crotch of our big tree like she used to.
All that action wore her out!
The next morning we went to the Home Depot kids' workshop. This is a favorite activity of hers so we couldn't miss it. What a freakin' cup of chaos! The kids were doing fine, the parents were driving me nuts. The project is a bird house that sticks to your window so you can watch the bird's nest inside. The lady next to me was micromanaging her kids projects then told them how to do it wrong so they both ended up with the door of their birdhouses as the roof and the glass on the front instead of the inside. She even left the blue plastic on the Plexiglas so the birds would have a blue view of the world. Reagan's, of course, was perfect and she translated the directions by herself and told me what was next. Take that Micromanaging Mama!
I'm fairly sure Home Depot provides tarp-covered tables for the kids to work on and help contain the mess. Reagan and I preferred to work on the floor and leave a glue signature for them to enjoy later.
This kid does love to squeeze herself a bottle of glue. So what if most of it is going on the floor? We were in back where the forklifts come and go so I wasn't too worried. I squished most of the stuff that was still wet with my foot.
Reagan is a veteran of Home Depot workshops but forgot her apron and pins so she started over with a new apron and got her birdhouse pin.
Then ran through the (empty) aisles like a Super Home Depot hero...or an idiot.
She loves to feed Nitro and it is helping them bond. Nitro isn't all that friendly but he's learning that this kid brings food to his pole and food on his pole is a good thing.














No comments:
Post a Comment