And if I'm going to have something on a stick, it's gonna be food!
I'm sure I was not the only person that woke up on Saturday morning surprised to see that we had snow several days after we supposedly celebrated the first day of spring.
My greenhouse was built to withstand wind and rain but not snow. Really? REALLY?
I think Nitro has the right idea. Just stay in bed until it's all gone away.
Later in the day we drove our Spring Thing route to polish off all the rough edges and make sure we have all the turns correct. Folks will be leaving the start location at one-minute intervals and depending on these instructions to end up at the same place for lunch. Last year there was a flaw in the instructions and we ended up at an earlier location with no idea where to go next. As long as I didn't make the mistake, it all adds to the fun.
The drive is out in the Black Diamond, Cumberland, Naco, Franklin area and things have grown up out there a lot in those areas. This photo is right out by Black Diamond and Lake Sawyer where I used to live. This big flat area is about to be developed into a huuge block of houses. I used to ride in the woods out here and there was always something to see while I was riding out there.
This weekend's plan was to "freshen up" the rocks in our patio. Over the years a lot of dirt has collected in the rocks and weeds were starting to grow. That meant I actually had to get down on the ground and weed. I'm not a fan of weeding and certainly not when I have to crouch down to do it. That is why everything is in raised pots in the first place, so it's easier on my lazy self.
I took Reagan to the park and she chose to wear her baby pack with her stuffie buddy "E" along for the ride. She hiked all the way to the park, through the woods and back home both on her own two feet and with her baby pack on the whole way.
Reagan found this huge stick and had to drag it through the woods, backwards, snagging on everything along the way and wanting me to "make it free" each time she couldn't move it anymore.
I also got "Com' on Grama, keep up" a lot. Well, geeze kid, how can I keep up when your stick grabs my ankles then you pull me down to the forest floor?
On another outing, we went to the Silverdale Waterfront Park and Reagan didn't want to push her shopping cart around the picturesque sidewalks of the park, but to 4x4 on the bulkhead with her cart.
We sat down on the bulkhead and took a rest while we watched the beautiful view. Good company. Good view!
We were looking for a safe (for others, not her) hill to roll her unmanned shopping cart down, and saw a group of guys. Apparently it was a sign-spinning class and one of the guys was teaching all the others how to spin, twirl, and dance with their signs for minimum wage. Reagan had to stop and watch them for a bit.
Another outing was an old-school farm, feed, and pet store. The old rusty cages, slightly slimy fish tanks, and stinky rodents were a far cry from the well-lit sterilized cages of Petco (thank goodness). There were a lot of things that Reagan enjoyed looking at and we were there quite a while.
Eye-to-eye with a fish that was much larger than it looks here. I didn't like him, he was giving Reagan the stink eye.
She asked why this snake was curled up in it's water bowl. I told her it was bath time and he was in his tub. Whew. Got that one solved. Then I hear "If that's his bath tub, where is his water bowl?" Ok, not solved. Reagan is so much like Kyanne with her questions and her uber-observation. Nothing got past Kyanne and nothing gets past Reagan.
This little guy came right up to the window to see Reagan eye-to-eye and they talked to each other for quite a while.
She was confused why there were little heads wandering around in the bottom of the tank and she was totally enthralled. I had to explain they were "ghost shrimp" and if we looked really hard, we could see their bodies. More processing. Then "Why can't we see their bodies?", "Where are their bones?", "What holds him up?" "Does he have feet?", "When he eats, can we see his food?", and on and on...



















No comments:
Post a Comment