Happy Daylight Savings!
By the time you read this, if you haven't sprung your clocks forward by now you'd better get to it!
Monday on the way to work, as I passed through my own personal Bermuda Triangle which is the bridge over the Green River, I popped another tire. It's like my 3rd tire I've ripped the sidewall out of in that teeny little area. It's also where I was pulled over by the police for speeding/no headlight, and rear-ended a pickup truck and totaled the Dodge Caravan grocery-getter. That's a lot of stupid decisions in one small area.
Like everyone, I changed my tire then dragged into work with me and put it on my desk. Normal behavior when everyone has a flat tire, right?
I tore out another sidewall so the tire can't be repaired. I bought another tire and planned on mounting and balancing it at work so it lived on my desk so my Subaru wheel didn't roll away (with someone's hands pushing it). I certainly don't need to buy another one of those as well.
The afternoon was kind of cool so Nitro and I snuggled up in my chair to catch up on email and Facebook while we warmed up.
The clear cool evening made for a beautiful sunrise though!
Our custodian and I have differing opinions about how clean the sink should be. He says it's a permanent stain and there is no way to get it clean. Once a month or so I take a second and clean half of the sink with hand soap and a paper towel. Once I do this, the next morning it's all clean. Then we start the dance all over again in a few weeks. The obvious question is "Why does he even let it get this dirty?"
I'm trying to read my AARP magazines now that most of the articles pertain to us as we get older. I found this article that lists what kind of dogs suit which purpose. It lists the huge greyhound as an apartment dog.
I would never have guessed if I didn't know Kyanne's hounds in person. Those things never move and are so entertaining how they lounge! Here is a collage of a few cute poses "borrowed" from Kyanne's Instagram:
Moving outside to the beautiful weather we had this weekend. Bob tilled the garden, I reinstalled the garlic he uprooted, and we bought some seeds. Hopefully we'll have some sprouts to show Reagan next time she comes over. Y'all know how much she loves her garden.
We are planning the route for our Jaguar club spring drive, so we headed out to Cumberland, Franklin, Kanaskat, and places beyond. It was a great day to be out.
As long as we were out, we stopped for a few caches. It gets us out and about. We had a nice walk in the woods while looking for a cache.
Bob found one tucked under a tree stump, the usual hiding place for a forest cache...
while I looked at some of the proof of life that spring brings to us.
However, not all caching in the woods is this picturesque. We were both covered with blackberry stickers and little star-shaped weeds that went everywhere and required some quick co-grooming.
We had to stop and empty our shoes of foreign debris as well.
At one point, this was my view after having fallen in a blackberry thicket. Old ladies should not be laying in blackberry thicket for any reason!
Along with the fun of caching is the "Cache in Trash Out" (CITO) philosophy so we did our part today
and hauled out a Thermos, a few bottles, and one shoe.
Our spring drive ends at Black Diamond Bakery where we stopped today for lunch. It's hard to tell, but Mt. Rainier was watching over us through the big windows of the restaurant while we ate.
I see the one of the St. Patrick's Day specials is "chedder mashed potables". Yum.
Lunch out with Mom
Reagan drew a lighthouse and a man with tools and a toolbox to fix the light in the lighthouse. That's quite a concept for a 3 year old.


Best buddies!
Best family!
More buddies!

























No comments:
Post a Comment