Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Chapter 294




Spring is here. I know this because the Auburn School District 5th grade camp is held each spring to give students the opportunity at 4 days of outdoor life that they might not otherwise experience. Between taking the sharp implements like knives and bows and arrows, canoes, out of the camp curriculum and not having cell service out there, this may not be the awesome experience the students were hoping for. And without cell service, this gives some of their high school counselors a chance to pursue some activities of their own...Anyway, I stray. They need to use our auto truck to deliver the counselors' camping gear and that means I have to go to the bus barn to fuel it up first. I'm always amazed how antiquated these gas pumps are. I appreciate the district tried to save money when they built the new bus barn by not replacing them but really?

When was the last time you saw a gas pump with a tenths wheel? Actually, when was the last time you saw a gas pump with wheels? It pumps so slowwwlly that it seems that it would be a direct cost savings to have new faster pumps and not pay people to stand there  as long while they text or chit chat but it's the school district...

Speaking of the school district, I cannot stand the state of the housekeeping in our classroom, I usually sweep the floor, wash the windows, empty the garbage, etc. This is really annoying to me since "Scary Gary" the custodian makes over $3. an hour more than I do. Does this look like the freshly mopped floor Gary claims it to be? The black spots are dried up carrots left over from a carrot fight in the back of the room a couple of weeks ago. There are also numerous golf pencils, that I provide since they don't care enough to bring their own, that have been used as projectiles instead of for their intended purpose. These pile up along the walls and in the corners.

Yuk + Gross = Our Classroom Doorway

Bob's phone was considered a smartphone, but it wasn't very smart at all. So after lots of complaining, Bob finally got a new one and now his phone does what everyone else's smartphones do.  Now he can see pictures full-sized instead of thumbnail sized. But first, he had to make sense of this pile of bits and pieces.  

The weather was so nice that Grampa thought Reagan asked to have her tractor taken outside so she could do whatever it is that someone too small to operate a tractor does.

After tractor time, it was snack time. It must be summer, Reagan is having a watermelon picnic in the sunshine.

Post picnic chase. Check out the flamingo on Reagan's butt.

Bear's old scratchy deflated basketball doesn't slow Reagan down a bit as she motors off to the next place of interest.

While the rest of us picnic and play in the yard, Carissa brushed out the remainder of Bear's winter coat. There's almost enough fur combed out to build another German shepherd.

Daddy's Home!

Like any siblings, Nitro and Bear try their best to goad each other into a negative response. Here Nitro lays in the sun on Bear's pillow right in front of Bear.

We went to Pt. Defiance Zoo with Carissa, Chelsea, & Richard. Scott and JoAnn crashed the party as well. These tiger cubs were a LOT smaller when we last saw them a couple of months ago. They were all feet and falling all over each other. They saw Reagan standing at the window and both of them walked up to the glass and plopped down in front of her.

Aren't they cute?


Reagan is not happy about the Moon Jellies. Not happy at all. 

Carissa, Reagan, Bob. and I perch on a perilous hillside while JoAnn takes our photo.

 And they said there would be sharks in here. I don't see any sharks!

Richard photo-bombed my selfie. Actually, I was trying to sneak his picture to text to him but he's too sharp and caught me taking it. He always takes a great picture.

You! You in the background! Be careful or the foreground will happen to you too. 

You can see Mount Rainier in the background centered between two trees on the horizon. It was a beautiful day to be out. 

It really is summer, I just heard the ice cream truck zoom by playing "Deck the Halls". Somebody got a good deal on electronic music after Christmas! For heaven's sake, we aren't in Australia.




Breakfast for the hungry and flexible.

Check out my glam sunglasses.

Nothing like a cool car ride with a big smile and Pebbles bow. Considering Reagan looks mostly like Chris, I think it's amazing that she looks a bit like Carter in some of her photos.

This mom will do anything to keep her child from being "that kid" on the airplane.

Reagan and the tiger cubs try to share an inter-species bonding moment.

Have a great week, Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The pic with Reagan crawling in flamingo pants would have been cutier if Bob had a flamingo on his butt too! Thanks for sharing the zoo with us yesterday, brought back a lot of memories of when we took our 4 little girls!

    ReplyDelete