Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Chapter 293

I guess the big news in this area this week was the big fire at Prestige Ford in Bellevue. It jammed up morning traffic because roads were closed and those that weren't were full of lookee-loos.

As you can see, you can be expecting to see Ford having a fire sale soon.  

On the brighter side, spring is opening flowers and bringing color back into our dreary winter lives. My dogwood tree has an amazing pink color this year. 

Half of my hybrid pear tree is blooming. Of this half, I can expect to get approximately 2 pears this season.

And the little teeny baby holly berries are starting to prepare for their busy decorating jobs at Christmas.

The photina is brilliant red 

and the lilacs smell amazing. 

Saturday we had our Spring Thing Drive that Bob organized. Jaguar of Tacoma sponsored it so breakfast was in their showroom with all of those expensive new Jaguars waiting to pounce on any leftovers after we ate. 

I tried an artsy shot from behind the steering wheel of an $80,000 Jaguar but it just looks like I'm preparing to run down a bunch of folks while they innocently ate their free breakfasts so I aborted this shot as a contribution for the Jag Mag that I edit.

We had a nice variety of Jaguars for the drive, both old and new. 

Breakfast is over and everyone is just waiting for the flag to drop so we can start the drive. 

Before we go, however, Bob has to have a driver's meeting so everyone knows the rules. Betty stands with Bob to be sure he covers all the important topics. In the background you can see the Jag where the failed table photo was taken from. 

All the drivers line up on the curb waiting for us to send them out one minute apart. In the back right, you can see the Lexus dealer where Grampa Book spends Saturday mornings getting his car washed while he scores on free coffee and hot Otis Spunkmeier cookies.

And they're off!

We arranged for the drive to end at LeMay's Family Collection at Marymount for a box lunch and a tour of the campus. Since I seen all of this numerous times, I took a picture of this dragon car, that actually shoots flames from it's mouth, and headed to the car to listen to my book in the warmth of the spring sunshine.


While Chris, Carissa, and Reagan are busy taking advantage of free airfare for kids under two years old, we got custody of Bear. After all these years, he still gets excited when we flush one of the upstairs toilets although both are the exact same toilet and both drain into the same pipe. When Bear suspects a flush, he runs to the top of the stairs and waits. When the actual flush happens, he runs down to the stair landing and looks out the living room window. None of us have ever been able to figure out #1 why he does it, and #2 why only one of the toilets sets him off.

He helped Bob mow this morning and thoughtfully didn't drop his toy so Bob could run over it and chop it into a million pieces or jam the lawn mower with it like he did when he ran over Bear's basketball. 

Really? Not fair. Why do you humans find the old bone-on-the-nose trick so entertaining? 

And when I'm done having fun, I will remember that I am supposed to be pouting and lay here with my blanket looking sad. 

Speaking of laying around, but not looking sad, Harry and Sally hold the rug and dog bed down to keep them from flying around. 

Sally celebrates her one year anniversary in her adoptive home. Do you think she's settled in ok? 




Toys everywhere and I can't play with a single one!

 Look who earned her pilot wings. I bet the other passengers were glad she was a quiet traveler too.

Reagan enjoying vacation with her Mom and Dad. 

That girl loves everything put on her tray for dinner. Here she's enjoying herself some bounty from the sea...salmon. 




1 comment:

  1. First she leaves the hard plastic bib on without complaint and then she eats fish--that is one amazing little girl! Lobster Shop here we come!

    ReplyDelete