We had a non-eventful week...until Friday evening when Carissa, Chris, Reagan, and Bear came over. It was Chris and Chris' sixth anniversary and so they dropped of an unsuspecting Reagan and Bear under the guise of "spending time with Grama and Grampa".
Saturday she got dressed and ready for her first Jaguar event, a tour of the Weyerhaeuser Bonsai and Rhododendron Gardens. Carissa even bought an outfit especially for this outing,
But, as it turns out, she was too bundled up for anyone to see her special jaguar outfit. I might add that our reception with Reagan while warm, was skeptical. The purse on top is not mine, it was hitching a ride because Ulsa said "the kitchen sink made it too heavy."
There were come amazing trees at the bonsai (pronounced bones-eye). I don't understand how anyone would have the patience to grow one tree for 50+ years. I don't have the patience to wait for my toast to pop up. This is a bougainvillea started it's training in 1950.
Really? This bonsai "tree" started it's training during the Centennial. It's supposed to represent the simplicity of Asian art or some sort of thing. If this is art, then I can train any plant to look like this in just mere months. Maybe I'll be rich!
Reagan was a little young for the age group she was hanging around with for the day. As you can see, the Jaguar club is not populated by spring chickens.
I liked this tree. To me, this looks like the picture perfect tree and it isn't even leafed out yet.
The white dead part of this tree is over 900 years old. The artist discovered this Sierra juniper it with a spark of life and in 1970 started training it. Since the Sierra juniper is stringy and unattractive, the artist grafted all these little clumps of Chinese juniper onto the Sierra juniper and almost 50 years later a cute little tree emerges. To me it looks like something you would buy in the gift section of Fred Meyer along with a Mylar balloon as a house-warming gift. I guess that's why I don't grow plants.
The rhododendron portion of the garden is huge. There's a huge conservatory with tropical plants in it. Bob and Reagan were enjoying the warmth of the conservatory.
I like this big pre-historic fern. You can see how large it is compared to the person on the bridge below.
Although I liked the big fern, I do not like the curly-Q's of this giant fern. It screams creepy to me.
And this fern? It looks like something in my yard that has caught a disease.
These two pictures are for Chris. Chris loves ferns and this is a greenhouse full of a wide variety of baby ferns.
I love strangely colored plants. Check out these red and silver ferns. I wanted to get one for Chris.
Jack-in-the pulpits are and odd plant to look at. I always examine them closely expecting...what?
Reagan rode happily in her stroller throughout the bonsai and rhododendron gardens. We weren't going to go to lunch with the club but decided to give it a try. She was a sooper trouper and just ate and smiled through out the entire luncheon.
I'm sure she's saying to herself "Please don't ever let Mom and Dad leave me with them again!".
We got Reagan a bubble machine for Easter. She was totally not impressed with the bubbles. In the background you can see Kyanne and Ryan running defense to keep the bubbles from getting on the Jag.
It was a pretty day to be outside and the bubbles sparkled in the sun like jewels. I got so caught up taking pictures of bubbles, I forgot to take pictures of eveyone...again.
Reagan is about the only person that would ever be allowed to sit on Grampa's Jaguar....EVER.
Reagan is trying to figure out how to get the wheel off the car. The Jag clubs are trying to figure out how to recruit younger members to their club, here she is!
Chris bought Reagan a ride-on Caterpillar tractor from Craig's List. Since Reagan has seen tractors in books I think she recognized it. She loved to sit on it and her Jaguar "E" was just sitting on it a fraction of a second earlier.
Bear does not like to eat people food and won't clean up under the high chair and is cowering under the table fearing a vacuum cleaner will be arriving on the scene soon. Bear hates vacuums. What good is a dog that doesn't perform his duty as a Crust-Buster? One of Carissa's friends posted on Facebook: "Hashtag snackfail. Hashtag ecosystemonthefritz".
Carissa got the cutest pictures of Reagan hunting for Easter eggs in her yard. Can you believe she filled the eggs with broccoli??? BROCCOLI???
Reagan watching Bear tear up a cardboard box. He loves boxes.
We all had a great time and breakfast was served in Reagan's pink Jaguar car.
Reagan has discovered opening doors. Now we are teaching her what "close the door" means.















Can't wait to see next years Easter pic's with Reagan tearing up that acre back yard scooping eggs in her tractor!
ReplyDelete