Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Chapter 249


Bob continued to work out in the patio this week and added a top to the gate, some decorations,

and some nice sturdy stairs leading into the house. The backyard is our peaceful refuge again. Now comes my part, painting...yuk.

In my never-ending search for a pair of shoes that actually fit my Amazon feet and now needing a heel to accommodate my back, I ordered a pair of Teva sandals that actually fit from Sierra Trading Post. With their occasional 35% off coupon and free shipping, I've gotten some great deals here. Since these shoes actually fit, Bob said order some more. So I did. 8 more pair. With my coupon they came to $7.95 a pair. Where else can you get shoes for that price?

Did you know that you can make spider-dogs out of kielbasa sausages?

As we were heading somewhere (not only don't I remember, it's not important), we saw this VW Vanagon creeping onto Highway 18 with a line of traffic trailing along behind it. He finally pulled over so the rest of us that remember to pull ourselves together could get on our way. It must have been a wild night for him if he can't remember to close his top.

Friday I went to Eileen's to check on Ronan and Eleanor. Ronan is two months older than Reagan, but he's the same length. Patting Reagan's back is like patting the narrow rib cage of a greyhound. Ronan's back, on the other hand is more like a Clydesdale horse's. None the less, they are destined to be the best of play buddies.

After an afternoon rain if the sun comes out we get a nice rainbow over the backyard. I was surprised, however, to see a full rainbow in the making when I went outside to look at it. In the space of about 30 seconds the rainbow appeared and disappeared. This was the first full rainbow I've seen in all our years here. But once I t realized how short the rainbow exhibits itself, I think they are not so rare, I just have bad timing.

The rainbow was so brilliant we could see it through the trees out back. This rainbow didn't last more that a couple of minutes. I was very fortunate to catch it. 

Sunday afternoon we went out to Lake Nahwatzel to spend the afternoon at Scott and JoAnn's cabin. For whatever reason, our side of the family showed up en masse. Reagan made her debut and then most of us sat down for a yummy lunch. Kyanne and Reagan were sharing some "special" time while the rest of us lined up at the trough and ate our lunches. Look at those legs. Good luck finding long enough jeans, Reagan.

While we were looking at the lake, a couple of deer came wandering down the beach. Since most of the houses are summer homes, the deer are used to having the place to themselves . They looked confused when they saw people outside on their turf.

Obviously they weren't so perturbed by the hubbub that they couldn't take a break and make like a lawn ornament.

I found Reagan a new toy during my rounds and so I brought it down for her today. Although the toy was not for them, Kyanne and Bob seem to enjoy it as much as Reagan does.

While the weather was nice, Bob and JoAnn took Reagan outside for a quick picture. As usual, I take tons of pictures of dumb stuff, but when we get together as a family I never remember to take pictures of anyone.

While everyone was settling in after dinner Kyanne took a rest on the couch. She's camouflaged so well someone could well sit on her before they noticed her.

Apparently Kyanne is a bit cranky when she gets up from a rest.

Scott, who's earned his badge as a seasoned grandfather, takes his turn at meeting Reagan for the first time. He looks so natural holding a baby.






1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed meeting your granddaughter today and of course seeing all of you. Can't wait for the next time!

    ReplyDelete