After a wonderful Sunday with the family at Scott and
JoAnn's, I started out Monday morning with an agenda to get some heavy
housework done.
While pronouncing this powerful edict, the hapless vertical
blinds on the sliding door were spotted and instantly became the first victim
in a long list of victims that day. Although I vacuum and sticky roll the
blinds, they hadn't actually been cleaned so...
I took the individual vanes down and stacked them neatly while I
pondered how to clean them. I know! I'll
carefully dip into the washing machine, they will be washed while maintaining a
neat ring in the washer and I will then remove them and hang them back on the
rod to dry. Nice plan. In theory. One
minute the vanes were cooperating in the washer according to plan and after a
potty stop...not so much.
Laying them out in the sun did not a) untangle them or b)
put the flocking back on the plastic vane. Anyone know where to get a good deal on a sliding glass door curtain?
As you all know, I love myself a good mountain picture so I
drove into a new development on our hill called "Panorama" to see if they really did have a panorama. Indeed
they do.
As we drove out to the cabin for the Fourth of July the
evening sky was a beautiful pink and blue. It reminded me of something Chelsea
might paint. I also imagined it's what the Aurora would look like if I saw it.
We stopped at a new market in Long Beach and they had some
awesome looking fresh corn so I picked up a couple of ears of it for the 4th.
Once we got a fire going I decided to throw them in and "fire roast"
them.
I'm not clear sure
this is the approved method for "fire roasting" but despite Bob's
dire prediction of my torching our dinner, the end result was excellent.
And, for Scott, we saw this bagpipe band playing in downtown
Long Beach. Some of the pipers were really young, and the drummer had a real
whiz-bang set of lime green sunglasses on.
At 9:30 we walked to the beach to watch the fireworks. We
left Nitro at the cabin running from window to appropriate window to watch the
fireworks as he heard the pops. For whatever broken kitty reason, he loves to watch fireworks. We plunked ourselves down in the dune grass
right in front of the launch area so I can get maximum "boom" from
each launch. Here you can see the red launch site right in front of us.
While we were watching the "official" show in
front of us, the hundreds of folks camped further down the beach were busy
lighting their own money on fire one blast at a time. It's hard to believe that
what we were seeing down there was not an organized firework show as well. Some
of their stuff was huge!
Saturday morning we headed out early to Ilwako to renew our
driver's licenses. Bob has been wanting to do it here in this small office
since he knew it was here. What a change
from our giant DOL's at home. It was clean and neat, friendly, and best of all
EMPTY! There are a bunch of chairs lined up like they are awaiting a real
onslaught of customers. P.S. Due to my new cataract lenses, this is the first time
I've ever had a driver's license that didn't require corrective lenses!
While we were sitting in the living room watching the
traffic on the highway--exciting folks that we are--I noticed that the sky was
awesome. It has a lot of texture and
color and I find it fascinating. I'd love to be able to paint this. Too bad I
can't paint. That's something I won't even attempt.
sky
And for the Great Grama's and Grampa's out there, here is the sub-chapter you'be been waiting for...
Whatever I'm dreaming about must be really good cause I already have the life many babies dream of.
This is my "milk coma" look. Nothin' like a full tummy and a nap to get a girl growing.
Every once in a while I like to sleep "old school" they way I did before I was born and quarters were cramped.
Today I'm big enough to fit into my cloth diapers!
Who are these people and why are they always 6" from my face making funny faces?
Every girl has bad hair days. I'm still waiting for my first good hair day.
See you next week!





















Wow--I would have thought your blind washing idea would have produced a better result! Got with washable curtain panels. And I love the Reagan Report!!!
ReplyDelete