I took Bob to the airport this week to teach a class somewhere. I couldn't remember where he was going, and with cell phones it really doesn't matter anymore. Each time I decided I should to go to the fridge and look at his itinerary, I'd get distracted before I got there. When I finally checked it, I was surprised to see he was in Michigan and not Atlanta.
While he was there he went to the Concours d'LeMons which is a tongue-in-cheek celebration of "the oddball, mundane and truly awful of the automotive world". These cars are not the same
as the cars in the prestigious Concours d'Elegance shows held in Pebble Beach or California. This year it was held at the Old Ford-Sheldon Plant in Plymouth, Michigan and since Bob was already there, he decided to check it off his bucket list.
After detailed descriptions, of which I retained "zero (0)", you are on your own to figure out what these are. Suffice it to say, they are not the cream of the car crop. As you can see by the signs on the cars, each is in it's own very special class.
I think Bob said this had a Corvair engine in it and it was totally gutless.
Bob was so impressed with my little hat stretching adventure last week, he decided to give it a try on a really nice hat that was really too small to see if he could save it. Sure enough after the application of steam and a Dollar Tree ball, it fits better than ever!
I had my follow up eye appointment in Silverdale and so after I rolled Bob out at the airport, I headed for Reagan's. I got there in time to hold Reagan while she napped so I took a selfie of us.
Carissa was going in to work to remove a gall bladder so I was getting Reagan going and would take her to Carissa's surgical center to drop her off before my eye appointment. Bear knew something was up and laid in front of the door hoping I decided to take him along with us. Poor sad doggie. Why the long face?


On the way back from town, we saw this little donkey watching traffic go by. He reminds me of the wild burros we had out in the Mojave Desert when I was a kid.
Bear is NEVER very far from Reagan. This is a popular pose for Bear so he can stare at her until she needs protecting...
...from the cat. He does not like Gatsby getting near his baby. I can see why, because if Gatsby were as smart as other cats he'd be planning Bear or Reagan's demise. But, Gatsby isn't as smart as other cats and is just sitting around with his naturally vacant look on his face.
After dinner we walked around the Kingston Ferry Dock to see the beautiful houses and waterfront. We got mini donuts at the mini donut store by the dock. This is the donut shop that was accused by the crepe shop of stealing their customers because their donut smell was stronger than their own crepe smell. Gotta love small town politics.
Friday I got to spend a bit of time with Kyanne when we met for breakfast. She is busy getting ready to go to Ireland for a few weeks so I was glad she could fit me in. When I've been walking around the 6th Avenue area, I've noticed cute little crocheted "cozies" on the bike racks. I don't know who does them, or how they get there, but they sure add to the flavor of the neighborhood. This is a newer one with little points on it like a dinosaur. Cute, huh?
I've had some real pretty flowers in my yard this year. My lilies just opened up and since Carissa and her lily allergy are coming tomorrow, I'm going to cut them off, but I wanted to take a picture of them first.
And since Nitro has not been in the blog recently, here he is enjoying the summer afternoon sunshine.
Last week I had lunch with Chelsea at the Rainier Bar and Grill in
Enumclaw and it was awesome! Today was a nice sunny day so Bob and I hopped in the convertible and headed out there today. There are so many things going out that direction I was kind of sorry I chose that direction but somehow we dodged the Motley Crue traffic at the amphitheater, the Scottish Highland games traffic for the fairgrounds, and the Sunday Market traffic in downtown Enumclaw to find ourselves sitting in a reasonably empty bar with very tasty food. Thanks, Chelsea!
Enumclaw and it was awesome! Today was a nice sunny day so Bob and I hopped in the convertible and headed out there today. There are so many things going out that direction I was kind of sorry I chose that direction but somehow we dodged the Motley Crue traffic at the amphitheater, the Scottish Highland games traffic for the fairgrounds, and the Sunday Market traffic in downtown Enumclaw to find ourselves sitting in a reasonably empty bar with very tasty food. Thanks, Chelsea!
And, although I swear I won't stick you with yet another Mt. Rainier photo, I can't help myself. It never comes out as nice in a picture as it does in person but I gotta put it in anyway.
Chris holding up his baby while she naps.
Chris holding up his baby while she naps. Do you think he likes his baby?
Reagan home from her trip to town. She survived the morning with Grama and made it home safe and sound with Mom.
Reagan is making it clear that her bottle was not an acceptable temperature this time and the problem had better be corrected by the next one.
She love to play her foot piano. She is a kicker and will kick it really hard. I don't think she knows she's the one creating all that racket with her feet yet, but she certainly loves doing it.
Wherever Reagan is Bear can be found close by.
Reagan napping in the chair her Aunt JoAnn gave her.
Have a good weekend, Everyone!



















Never enough pictures of the mountain, cat or especially Reagan!
ReplyDelete