Editor's apology: I wrote and published this blog but there were some technical difficulties. I thought I had overcome these, but apparently the cyber-goblins won this round. Please enjoy the rest of the story...
Wednesday afternoon we went to Harrison Medical Center in Silverdale to await the arrival of our first grandbaby. Although Carissa was getting star treatment, those of us in the waiting room were relegated to a less than comfortable waiting room with no TV. No matter, we stationed ourselves with a view of the room and settled in for as long as it took. Reagan was well worth the wait.
After several hours, the pace picked up considerably. I knew something was going to happen soon. About an hour before Reagan was born, Chris came out for ice and to give us a quick report. Check out the grin on his dazed face!
We got really excited when one of the pieces of equipment being moved into the room was a scale. Although we had no formal announcement, the scale meant there must be someone to weigh! Moments later the nurse stuck her head out and asked someone at the desk if the scale had been calibrated...this baby weighed in at 9 pounds...twice. I couldn't imagine little Carissa had managed to birth a nine-pounder and just assumed I had heard the wrong nurse. Nope. She meant Reagan. Not only that, she was a Harrison Medical Center record breaker at 22 1/2" long. That means that if Reagan were standing up she would come to above my knees.
After a "cooling down" period, we got to go into the room and meet the new family. Chris was bouncing from wall to wall with a huge grin on his face and Carissa looked as put-together and placid as usual. After a quick "hey" to Chris and Carissa, we dove right into the bassinet to see Reagan.
Here's Bob with his first grandfather hold.
Again.
And finally Grama gets to hold Reagan. She's as perfectly put together and beautiful as her mother after all she'd been through.


Carissa's lifelong friend went to visit Carissa with her children Eleanor and her newborn Ronan. This is a special time for Carissa and Eileen who have been friends since they were only a few months old. It was so awesome to see the two of them with their babies, moving into yet another stage of life together.
The girls shared early birthdays...
....happy moments....
...memorable events...
...starting new chapters in their lives, always having each other's backs.
After all the hospital activities were wrapped up, Reagan was loaded up in her huge car seat with the crocheted blanket that Aunt Jennie made just for her. Apparently Reagan isn't feeling like going on a road trip at right that moment. Carissa said "Too bad kid, you're coming with us."
As it turned out, all of Carissa and Chris' careful planning did not include a monster baby. The homecoming outfit did not even begin to fit Reagan. Although she is swaddled here, you can clearly see that the planned outfit was too small. Kyanne had to stop at Target and get her a more reasonably-sized outfit for Reagan to wear home.
Bob had planned to go to a car show in Port Townsend so we stopped by to visit the kids on the way out and I ended up staying...until Sunday and got to enjoy quite a lot of Reagan.
This outfit is also too short for Reagan. She's turned it into a summer outfit complete
with "pedal pusher" short pants.
While the kids were resting, Reagan and I
took a selfie to post to facebook. Take that Kyanne. This beats your dog
selfies any day!
Welcome to your
new home, Reagan.
It comes complete
with your own set of giant ears and eyes that will bore holes in you begging for a conspiratorial snack or a door to be opened.
Correction, it
comes with two sets of ears and another set of eyes that could really care less
that you've moved in as long as you don't interfere with the totally selfish life he's carved out for himself.
Here's a video of
Reagan meeting Bear for the very first time. (If this video doesn't work, paste the red YouTube address below into your internet address bar and the video should work fine.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNqB-TkRx-I
This sign hangs on the wall by the kid's front door and begged to be photographed with Reagan's feet. Once again, I was
left alone with Reagan while the kids were taking a walk to get some fresh air and exercise. I had
intended to hoist Reagan up to the sign on the wall and take the pictures, then
I realized it would be a whole lot easier if I put the sign down by Reagan. Sadly, I'm afraid my gene contribution to Reagan was my ginormous
feet. Feet that will begin arrive in a room five minutes before she does all too soon in her little life.
Ok, Joann. Are you happy that I've posted granddaughter pictures and not a single cat picture???


















Oh Happy Day June 4th will forever be!!!! Welcome Reagan you are one lucky girl to have such terrific parents and awesome loving grandparents who couldn't wait for your arrival. Not to mention your Great Aunt JoAnn who will be happy to live up to the Great!
ReplyDeleteI just re-reviewed your blog because I can't get enough of your granddaughter. And I noticed that there is a picture with a cat in it.......
ReplyDelete