Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chapter 205: Farewell RestoCat!

Now that I've bone back to school, I don't have as many opportunities to do things so this week was pretty quiet. 

We went to lunch with Kyanne and Ryan. It was great to get to see them again. I really miss seeing them...and, of course, the grandhounds.  These greyhounds are so different. Logo manages to look dead while she sleeps with her eyes open so as not to miss anything...

...and Harry look like a soulful poet .


We went to a the 1111 Bar  on 11th Street in Tacoma. Although it looks like a long-established old bar, it was built by the twin owners from materials salvaged from the closed Nalley Pickle Factory. I must say, the food is awesome as well as a fine selection of draft beers.

While we were eating, it started raining HARD and sideways. You can see the rivulets of water running down the street. It was nice to be tucked away inside this warm and cozy place while eating a fine meal with family.


 We went to Home Depot on Kent East Hill this morning and it didn't look at all like it did yesterday! (The two pictures below courtesy of KING 5 viewers.)

As usual, there is always one car that tries to make it through the "puddle" because they are in a hurry. Now they are not only late, they are wet too! You can see the same car in the picture above from the other direction.

With the weather cold and rainy, I feel a big pot of soup coming along. Sometimes when Bob grocery shops he buys a rotisserie chicken for dinner. We have dinner, I save the leftover meat for my lunch, and I freeze the bones and scraps for soup broth. 

 After the broth cools, I pick the bones out, skim and add the leftovers I have been freezing. This gives me about a months' worth of healthy very low fat and salt, "free" soup made from leftovers that would have otherwise been thrown away. I freeze this into individual portions to  grab on dark mornings to make myself no-brainer lunches.

Have a good week, Everyone!


As RestoCat pointed out earlier, the E-type restoration is done. Oh yea, there's a few more details that can always be worked over and it will get the final sanding that will make the new paint glow, but there isn't really anything for RestoCat to publish each week anymore. 

RestoCat was waiting for the custom coconut husk floor mats to arrive before he closed out the Adventures of RestoCat for good. Here is the floor mat on the passenger side...

...and the driver's side.  

And just for a quick review, here is the Jag as it was the day we picked it up. 

and after Bob and RestoCat worked their magic.  

Although I published this week-by-week chronicle of the restoration process for my dad to follow along as Bob made one of his dreams come true, I hear there were others that were reading as well. So thanks for all who did follow the process. It was a lot of hard work for Bob and RestoCat and it's good to know that people appreciated that.

So so RestoCat bids you adieu as he and his kitty friend ride off into the sunset in search of further adventures.







No comments:

Post a Comment