The new school is really starting to shape up. It actually looks like a school now although with our great weather, it looks more like a computer-generated drawing than an actual photo.
If any of you have ever walked through the Japanese Garden from the parking lot to the Performing Arts Center, you used to be looking at tennis courts...now it's all new school...and very noisy right now.
Fall has arrived and the maple trees are starting to lose their leaves. After Nitro put in a few minutes ruffling through the dry leaves, he went to the back fence and eyeballed the neighbor's chickens like some kind of little kitty perv.
Wednesday I took Bob to day surgery to have 3 more shots in his ruptured disks. He picked me up at school 3 blocks away, signed that he had a driver to take him home, and then drove me back to school after the shot so he could go on home. All tidy and legal like. Here's a picture of good ol' downtown Auburn from the parking garage roof. It was a nice day and Mt. Rainier stands out in the background.
Picture day at school. It's good to see that our jewelry teacher is in his usual fine form for his ID picture. Chris always dresses up as one strange thing or another for his yearbook/ID picture. Today he said he was a zombie teacher that was starving to death from lack of brains in school, other than the freshly harvested brain he was currently feasting on.
Meanwhile, back home in the garage, Bob has the PT Cruiser in little bits on the garage floor to change the head gasket. Due to the shape of the car, there is little or no room to work in the engine compartment and the project has been a BEAST. Today Bob wanted company in the garage while he worked on the Cruiser so I took my laptop out with me and worked on this blog. The entire time I was out there all I heard were various versions of "son of a bi*%#h", "s&#t" and much more. But, darn it, I'm spending quality time with my husband.
Bob neatly organized a bunch of thingies in egg cartons so he knows where they go when he returns all the little bits and pieces under the hood.
After the big peach harvest I decided it was time to trim the tree properly. For several years after we got it, I was afraid I'd trim the tree improperly and, as a result, it's growth went uncontrolled. Then one of the branches broke (I'm going out on a limb here and saying it was a lawn mower strike.) and the tree was in really bad shape. I've been meaning to cut it down for the past five years but just couldn't do it. Sooo, I decided to give it a good trimming instead. There were no forks to trim back to so I pretty much ended up with a 5 foot tall stump once I was done. Hopefully it will come back. Realistically I know it won't but I like to be optimistic. And on that note, doesn't the yard look nice once Bob mowed the leaves up? As you can see, it's starting to green up again after our long hot summer.
Bob and I went to Gene Coulon Park today. I used to take the girls there long ago, but we had to quit going since there was so much "goose grease" on the grass there was no longer any spaces left that were large enough for our blanket. I see the little grease factories are still around despite a constant battle to keep their numbers down. Lake Washington doesn't look very picturesque on this gray gloomy day.

Across Lake Washington, you can see a crispy new Boeing 737 rolled out on the tarmac. It sure has a pretty view for it's first glimpse of it's new world.
On our way home, we passed the Kenworth Truck Plant where new fossil fuel burners are turned loose into the environment each day.
Today we met Kyanne for lunch and had a nice visit. As usual, I forgot to take pictures. We all left Federal Way and just careened into the garage before ear-splitting thunder and torrential rains began.
Have a good week everyone!












No comments:
Post a Comment