Total Pageviews

Friday, September 30, 2011

Chapter 108: Odds 'n Ends

We have not led very exciting lives recently and so I have mostly filled it with fluff...but then most of my stuff is just rambling thoughts so this is nothing new.

The obvious family activity last weekend was Grama's memorial. I am not going to go on too much since Jenna said it all in her blog. Thanks to family and friends for coming to the memorial and to the family for meeting afterwards to eat JoAnn out of house and home. I made a ton of Grama pictures so I am sharing another with you.


The weekend before we went to the grand opening of VRFA's Station 34. This brand new fire station replaces the old brick one near our house. We remember when that was the "new" fire station that was built after we moved in and the fire trucks were temporarily moved to the Captain's house while it was under construction.

Here's a picture of Bob in front of one of the fire trucks with his "free" VRFA goodie bag. He would not wear his little plastic fire hat for the picture, however.

Although this is not a very flattering picture of the new fire station, it shows it's cool retro look.

 You all know how I enjoy sunsets and sunrises. Since I don't see that many sunrises here's a picture of one of the few I've see. It's taken from our backyard. I love the crescent moon in the background.

A couple of weeks ago there was a huge fire on the peninsula. The fire was unfortunate, but it made for some beautiful sunsets viewed from a safe distance.

Oh, and last but not least. We're glad Grampa made it through surgery like a trooper. I'm amazed how he could have major surgery then practically run around the room the same day!

No comments:

Post a Comment