This weekend was the busiest weekend of the year at Long Beach. The local car club, The Beach Barons, hold their annual car show and it involves the entire peninsula in one way or another. We are fortunate to be on the highway so that every car passes by our window. Plus, that section of the highway is where the cars cruise all Saturday afternoon and evening.
Saturday morning Bob got up and went to the car show and I dusted off a bicycle and made the garage sale circuit. Fortunately I didn't find anything because I can barely handle a bicycle empty-handed. It might have been dangerous if I tried to carry something home on crowded streets with my limited bicycle skills. Since it was too crowded in town for bicycles, I dropped the bike off and wandered back to town and people-watched for a couple of hours. Then it was back to the cabin to watch the cruise in HD LRW (High Density Living Room Window) and listen to the scanner to see what's going on in town. Here you can see the coffee stand across the street with some sort of yellow hot rod on the highway in front of it.
You can see Bob's 240Z parked out on the street behind the cabin to preserve our view of the goings-on. It just wouldn't do to have a camper or giant 4x4 pickup park there all day and block our prime view of the highway!
Normally all the vacant lots and street our front of the cabin are empty and quiet. This weekend cars were parked everywhere and traffic was backed up on the road. It was kinda cool, we got classic cars both in front and behind the cabin. It was almost too much to keep up with.
"Hey, I've got a grreat idea! Let's rent a limo that's almost the same length as the town we are gonna cruise through. Then we will fill it with underage drinkers. No one will ever know we are partying right in front of the police!"
Things to think about: #1: The police are not so stupid that they would not assume that's exactly what's happening in that limo. #2: To avoid the police, do not hang out of the sunroof with a beer in your hand yelling at people on the street!
A bicycle, really? I'm not sure how I feel about State Patrol officers on a bicycle. They belong in a big car on the freeway, preferrably not behind me!
Some of the chaos in downtown Long Beach looking south...
...and looking north.
Isn't there some sort of regulation that your license plate number must always be visible?
A Busch beer box cowboy hat. What'll those youngsters think of next?
Have a good week, everybody!









I think the guy bought that hat here in Texas. Makes sense anyway, haha.
ReplyDelete