Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chapter 20: I Replaced My Husband with a Dummy

Although Bob is tries to be brave, I've noticed a definite lack of enthusiasm to being twisted in all directions by an amateur martial arts student--especially on his $30,000 shoulder.

This started my creative juices flowing and I hatched a plan to build arms for my heavy bag that I use for basic practice.

Let me tell you, this is NOT the time of year to look for a pool noodle. I scoured town and finally found one at Big Lots! http://www.biglots.com/. The pool noodle and a 68" piece of GripTwist Industrial Strength Twist Tie (with proprietary carbon steel alloy core and medical grade foam covering) http://www.activeforever.com/p-1186-grip-twist-17-inch-ties.aspx threaded through the void in the center of the noodle completed the "skeleton".

I rifled my "someday" (you can tell by the style that "someday" has been a while) closet and found a blouse that fits my heavy bag perfectly, loaded the noodle arms though a special casing I put in the back of the blouse, topped it with wool mittens (admittedly not the right look for the blouse) and I now have a replacement for Bob. He no longer has to cower with fear in his eyes when I need arms to practice with.
All in all, it's the perfect arrangement for all parties involved.

2 comments:

  1. sorry--don't see the family resemblance.....but very good use of the blouse! You are so creative, one never knows what you will come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as handsome as Bob but now you won't have to practice on Bob. G&GBook

    ReplyDelete