Shelton is in the middle of nowhere between the Olympia and the Washington coast.
Grama is doing fine for a 99-year old. She is on a real farm with horses and chickens and barns. This is quite a change from her sophisticated past lives as a flapper then a Doctor's socialite wife. She was glad to see Kyanne and I since we haven't seen her for quite a while. Like Grama says, she's got great care and is in no pain. That's pretty darn good in this day in age.
While we were there, Kyanne noticed an old picture of Grama and Kyanne recognized her nose and chin. Although I don't have that same picture, this one also shows some of the same traits, although not as well.
Just for fun, here is a picture of Kyanne's grandmother as a child. There is certainly a resemblance here as well.That's EVERYTHING!
This is a picture of sleeping Logo that Kyanne gave me. I doctored it a bit in PhotoShop to show Logo's true personality.
I tried to get a picture of Kyanne and her grandmother together, but neither of them would hold still. Both were talking with their hands, waving their arms, and making faces the entire time. Hmmm...


Where is Shelton? 13 miles from Lake Nahwatzel! Wish I would have known you were in the neighborhood, I was at the lake decompressing! Mary's 99--wow!
ReplyDelete