We had some be-you-tee-ful weather this week! We all went out to the backyard to soak up a little sun. Nitro joined us in his catio but wasn't really happy...
...until he could join us out on the patio for some sun that is unhindered by his catio jail.
It's nice to have time to do a few things around here I want to get done. Mary Lou and I found this cute yorkie fabric and, using Mary Lou's special tool, cut the fabric and crocheted a cute little edge on it and took it to Bobbie when I went to visit last week. It was a fun project I wouldn't have spent time on if I weren't retired.
Another benefit is I can make food the long way again! I roasted up a batch of Costco tomatoes....
...for some delicious (salt-free) tomato soup.
I also had time to make up a batch of egg bites
to tuck away in the freezer for days when I don't know what to have for breakfast.
Another bonus of having time for dumb stuff is that I can spend time on projects I've ever had time for. I am really hard on sheets with my restless legs and must run miles and miles each night because I always wear out the bottom sheet with my legs. This is an especially nice pair of sheets that I've managed to destroy this time so I patched the big hole with a piece of fleece. Hopefully this will allow me to get many more miles out of these sheets before I have to repair them again.
On my way home from Clackamas from visiting my parents I realized I needed gas. Now. My first opportunity to stop was off of 72nd in Tacoma. I went to the first available gas station and felt quite safe since there were four police officers standing around the pump area looking relaxed with their hands on their hips. While I was pumping my gas, they provided me a little sideshow of arresting the fine young man sitting in his car at the pumps. If that weren't enough to keep me entertained, there was a homeless lady (pictured below) going car to car looking for cash contributions to enable her lifestyle.
Mozzy reporting for guard duty. Mozz never wants to miss any action, although it doesn't look like there is much action here!
Mozzy doing double duty watching over both kids.
Is there anything cuter than baby jeans??? Look at those toes, they are ready-made for flip flops.
Theo is training to be a husband. He's learning to take up as much sleeping space as he possibly can.
Nitro loves to haul his toys around the house. We see that they've moved, but never, ever see him do the moving. One of his favorite plays is to bring his toys to his bowl and pile them up. After they build up, I collect them and redistribute them around the house so he can repeat the process all over again.
Have a good week, Everyone!















Glad to see you are keeping yourselves busy these first months of retirement. Makes one wonder how any of us ever had time to work much less raise families and keep the world spinning!
ReplyDelete