Total Pageviews

Monday, May 20, 2019

Chapter 476

Happy Birthday to Scott and Chelsea, in order of appearance.



Reagan and I have been painting rocks to share at her local parks to make up for all the rocks she's been harvesting the last few years. She didn't want to part with any of them so they all ended up in her own yard. I found a few of them that we had done. Considering I have no talent for painting, I have enjoyed painting these rocks.

Kyanne gave me a rosemary plant because I managed to kill the other one I had. It's all comfy and ensconce in the the front flower bed just waiting until an opportune time to die.

When we were at the kids for Mother's Day, we were watching Mozzy play with an old headband of Carissa's. He really gets into the sport.


Theo looks worried that his next meal won't be coming soon enough.

I've been wanting to see to see the 

exhibit at the Museum of Flight. 

We were met in the parking lot of the museum by a giant astronaut and some sort of airplane.

This is the lunar rover. How would you feel about tooling around on someone else's planet in this ratty dune buggy while sitting in lawn chairs that would make Bubba proud?

This is a rocket engine. Chris says it an amazing piece of engineering. I believe him. It's about 3x taller than me and there were 3 of these engines propelling a rocket into the sky.

If you are interested in the nitty-gritty details, here they are:

This is  a life-sized prototype of the lunar landing machine.

This little gem is the Scamp trailer of space. Crew members and all their equipment, (and in the case of Apollo 13, 50# of moon rocks) crammed into a space no larger than our Scamp trailer!


I was excited to see the Space Shuttle at the Museum. I imagined it was huge, but it was waay huger than I had pictured. Then when I saw the 747 that it rode on is that must have been one massive air machine.

This is the payload bay of the space shuttle. The roof is open so space can get in and the payloads can get out and start earning money for their investors. 

Reagan would love this book area of the museum. It is populated with colorful space books that are packed full of hours of entertainment for her.

After our month-long post-retirement trip, we came to the unanimous decision that we needed a new mattress other than the cheesy dinette cushions.  I made a paper pattern to trace onto our Costco memory foam mattress.

Then we cut the mattress to fit the contours of the Scamp and I cut and sewed the cover back onto the custom-cut mattress. I'm now looking forward to sleeping in the trailer again instead of dreading it.

The mattress is all tucked into the Scamp. It's infinitely more comfortable than the old dinette cushions.

Theo is out cold yet effortlessly filling his diaper in a spectacular sound show.


My how baby equipment has changed in the 37 years since I've had kids. This amazing machine delivers a properly warmed, air bubble-free bottle of milk in just 17 seconds! Click here to check out this baby Keurig:


Reagan in her ballet costume. She looks so grown up!

We took Reagan to get her 2019 sand and she was happy to hop in the box and play with her dinosaur family. This is a family tradition that dates back to the 1980s when Kyanne called Grama and Grampa Book and requested a refill for the turtle sandbox that they had so kindly purchased for her the year before.



1 comment:

  1. I'd almost given up on you, my blogging sister! Now I better get busy.....

    ReplyDelete