Friday morning we got the call we'd been waiting for. We grabbed our prepacked "Go bags" and we headed to the kids to watch Reagan while "the kids" went to the hospital.
Part way there Chris called and said to meet us at the hospital instead of their house as things were "progressing quicker than they thought".
We screeched into the hospital parking lot at 7:30 a.m. where Chris and Reagan were waiting for us. Carissa had already checked into the hospital!
Trying keep Reagan on a normal schedule, we took her to ballet and while we were there we received photos of crispy new, right out of the box, Theo. He was born just two hours after we picked Reagan up at the hospital. Carissa got right with this delivery thing this time!
Once in the car, we told her we were going to see her baby brother and was she ever excited! I told her his name was Theodore and she looked at me super confused. Then she said, "They named him Theater?" We had several practice tries before she could say it right and since I didn't know if there was a nickname, I didn't suggest any shortcuts.
We stopped in the hospital cafeteria for a bite of lunch to kill some time before the big meet-up. Do you think she's excited at all?
We finally made our way upstairs so Reagan could join up with her new brother. What mother looks that good after delivery?
We topped the day off with a trip to the beach and playground and Reagan slept all the way home. Meeting your baby brother is hard work! I'm not sure all my pictures are in the right order, but you get the idea.
The next day was swimming lessons for Reagan and another visit to visit Theo before he headed home. We took her to her own personal little town, Poulsbo. Reagan rode her bike around the area totally oblivious to the beautiful sights around her.
We went to visit Reagan's personal octopus, the one on the inside the aquarium, not this one.
Then when we asked Reagan where she wanted to go to lunch, she answered without hesitation "Slippery Pig!" For the record, The Slippery Pig is a brewery and she is a regular. She knew how to get there from the aquarium, she knew the table she wanted to sit at, and what she wanted to order. I ordered the lutefisk taco.
From the menu:
Reagan was enjoying the layette I made for her to play along with Mom and she was diapering, wiping and putting baby to bed quite a few times.
A girl and her tomato.
We're home! Bear just had to be the first one to greet Theo on his arrival with a slurpy dog kiss.
Reagan was super excited and was kinda hoping Theo would jump out of his car seat and run around the yard with her.
She still was happy to see him the next morning! Score!
Cuddle puddle!
First brother hold and it isn't a headlock...yet.
Being new is exhausting.
At last! a captive audience for Reagan to read and sing to!
Every morning Reagan gets up and gets herself dressed and reads or plays until 7 when she is authorized to leave her room. I heard her in her room so I went in to see her. As it turned out, everyone but us was asleep so I snuck out the the kitchen and got some food, cornflakes and tomatoes since that was the most noise-free food I could get her. We had a quiet picnic in her room that earned everyone else an hours more sleep. An hour is a lot of sleep when there is a newborn in the house.
Good night, Theo. See you on Mother's Day!





















Welcome to the family Theo--we couldn't be more excited for your safe and on time arrival! Maybe you'll be a pilot when you grow up.…..
ReplyDelete