Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Chapter 447

Oops. I had trouble publishing my blog this week! Sorry it's late.

Happy 4th Birthday to Reagan!!!

Image result for happy birthday reagan



I had Tuesday off so I ran over and sprung Reagan from school then let her choose the afternoon's activities. She, of course, chose to go to the beach...

...and playground.

Reagan had already had lunch when I picked her up, but I was starving and worn out so we stopped at Taco Time. Reagan wanted to dip her finger in the ketchup and I told her she had to use her fork if she was going to eat her ketchup as an appetizer.

With time to kill before we met up with Mom, Reagan and I went to Goodwill. Reagan loves Goodwill because nothing is in a box and I let her touch everything. Plus she usually manages to squeeze a few books or a little something out of me. Here's she's leading the charge with her basket.

Seriously? Who approved this thing to hit production and then to be sold? Yuk! "Hey, I have a great idea! Let's ride on a giant inflatable cockroach and impress the neighbors!"

Mary Lou and I went to the Nisqually Wildlife Refuge, now the Billy Frank, Jr. Wildlife Refuge. It has a couple of miles of great boardwalks that wind through the woods

and out into the delta for a couple of miles. The red arrow shows the bird viewing platform, and the black arrow shows the Narrows Bridges in the distance.

This is the same photo (taken off the estuary website) but showing how the boardwalk winds along over the water when the tide is in.

The white arrow is I-5 in the distance. We have walked a loooong way out into the delta.

The obligatory boardwalk selfie. Thankfully Mary Lou is in the front!

A cool tree along the boardwalk with a hole in the middle that practically begged me to take it's photo.

 The 4th is Reagan's birthday so we met at Kyanne's for a little celebration. Kyanne made a really cool cake from scratch with fresh whipped cream and a reduced raspberry sauce. She took her inspiration from The Great British Baking Show, which she loves. The cake was excellent despite the fact that Kyanne's oven isn't working right and the part is being in the mail didn't help her cake. She had to sit in front of the oven and control the temperature manually according to the thermometer she had set on the shelf. She did a great job.

My assignment was to bring the munchies for dinner so I brought a shark fruit bowl with Jell-O jigglers water and  a veggie train.

Reagan got to blow her candles out on her cake then sprinkled it with a sneeze directly on ground zero to Chris and Carissa's horror and everyone else's hysterical laughter.

Then it was outdoors for the flamingo pinata where Grampa held onto the dangerous end of the broom while Reagan bashed away at her flamingo with my karate stick.

Then she continued to pound what was left of that poor flamingo into the concrete with a baseball bat. 

Have a good week Everyone!












1 comment:

  1. Who needs a cockroach float? The Casebolt's, that's who! We got new neighbors at the lake who live in Bellvue. I can't think of a better way for them to meet us than with a flotilla of insects!

    ReplyDelete