Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Chapter 449


 Father's Day is not just for people. This little Mama Bird tucked away in my hanging flower pot is being closely guarded by Dad Bird. He's always nearby and sounds the alarm when anyone gets too close to his family. Reagan got to see Mom Bird up close this morning, then we got too close and she fled her nest. We're sorry we scared her but it did give Reagan a good opportunity to see the little teeny eggs Mama Bird been sitting on in her nest.

I blogged these last week, but aren't they cute?


Since Reagan's Grammy and Grampy were here from Maine last week, they took an overnight trip to Victoria. Reagan is a child of the water and loves to watch for wildlife from the ferry, which she considers her own personal yacht. In this case, it was the Blackball. They did see a couple of orca whales and an orca calf. It cracks me up when Reagan goes on a ferry ride then sadly announces "No whales today" on the trips she didn't get to see any. How many kids expect to see orcas each time they get on a boat?

Once again she is back on the water in the water taxi in Victoria Harbor...or whatever it's name is.

Then it was back to Seattle for a crash tour of the city and iconic Seattle photos at Kerry Park with the sweeping view of Seattle in the background. Where's your sunglasses, Reagan?

After a full day of Seattle, it was back to the ferry for half the group and the hearty ones stayed for the Boston vs. Seattle game. I don't know who won, but Dave has a smile on his face, so I'm assuming it's Boston.

 Then we were off to Scott and JoAnn's lake cabin for a combination birthday for JoAnn and 2nd retirement for Scott party. The weather was amazing and I hope it is a forecast of Scott's retirement years. Reagan got all outfitted in her floatee outfit so she could go onto the dock with me.

She wanted to dip her feet in the water so I sat on the dock and acted as counterweight so she could dip her feet in. That's about as wet as I like to get.

Obviously I didn't do the job satisfactorily as she had to resort to Grammy and Grampy to get the job done properly.

In true form, I did not get the important pictures of those that attended the party, but I did get to  fully enjoy those that attended the party. The next morning JoAnn sent me this amazing picture of the sunrise over their lake. I ask myself "Why, if you are retired, are you up at this unearthly hour???"

 The kids dropped Reagan off with us while they took Chris' parents to the airport. Reagan immediately had to get her stuff out and give it a good playing with.

Dinner was drive-by style with a bite each time she passed by her plate on her bike.

Notice that her bicycle basket is filled with stuffies. I should have bought a bigger basket for her bike, but I paid approximately 4 times more for that basket than I did for the bike so she'll just have to work with what she's got!

The next morning we are back at it by 8 a.m. The day was beautiful and toasty already so out she went out in her nightgown to prepare us "breakfast" and "coffee".

Then off to water the flowers. The sun was strong and I didn't know where her special anti-allergen sunscreen was so we opted for my hat to stave off the worst of the sun.

After watering, she headed out to weed the garden. She takes weeding very seriously and meticulously pulls each weed, checking to be sure it's exactly that, to be ensure her garden will grow.

I made Reagan's a sign for her slide tower 

and Bob put a shelf under it so she can use it as a store or coffee shop. Chris moved her entire kitchen out there and she brewed coffees for us all morning.

I couldn't get this photo to work last week due to technical difficulties. This is our niece, Jenna, her husband Kyle, and their kids Payton and Carter. It's Carter's pre-school graduation already. It seems like he just arrived in this world not all that long ago. They sure don't stay little very long when you aren't the one chasing them around all day long!



No comments:

Post a Comment