Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Chapter 421


I've been working on clearing the house out a bit. One thing I was glad to get out of here was our really heavy mix-n-match stoneware. I put the dishes and a couple of other things on the Facebook "Buy Nothing" site and they were out the door in just a couple of hours, I didn't even have to pack them up and take them anywhere!

As night fell, Bob went out to put up the "Christmas lights". This involved putting out two laser light thingies in the yard and pointing them at the house. Here Bob is aiming it to just the right spot at the house.

Lights. Check.

Since I am low on content, I snapped pictures of the first thing I could find laying around: Nitro in bed with his head on upside down.

I snapped a few pictures of him over the next few minutes. And Bob thinks I move around a lot when I sleep!

Really Mom? Really?

 Ok, I'm rested enough to be tired of you bugging me every few minutes! I'm moving on to a more peaceful place.

 I've been noodling over what to do with my circa 1982 cabinets that are looking kind of ratty but not willing to paint or replace them. I'm concerned that in a few years wood will be back in style and everyone (including me) will be stuck with painted cabinets. After a bit of research, I found some stuff that is supposed to do a good job rejuvenating the wood. I decided to start in the bathroom in case I totally ruined the cabinet. It actually turned out pretty well. Before:


In an effort to make use of the 8 gallons of oil we bought to deep fry the Thanksgiving turkey, we had yet another turkey for dinner tonight. This was a much better turkey than the one we had for Thanksgiving. Sorry Thanksgiving folks, that was our first turkey and we didn't have the process down yet.

 And congratulations to Chelsea for getting a new job at Green River College. I hope you love it there, Chelsea. Go Gators!
Reagan got a chance to go bowling. I thought she was holding a big lizard or dragon eye or something when I first saw this picture. I assume Carissa wouldn't let Reagan hold a dragon's eye, but you never know!

Maybe if we had one of these when I was bowling, I could have bowled a decent game!

Reagan has set up camp in the kitchen. Notice how neat and orderly things are arranged around her. She certainly didn't get that from her mama or her Grama!

A Christmas cookie at Sluy's Bakery in Poulsbo. Reagan has been getting cookies at Sluy's since she was a little kid.

After carefully building her wooden gingerbread house for her Home Depot activity, 

she had a quick drive by with Santa. This year Reagan thinks Santa is pretty cool, as opposed to the last few years when he was just an opportunity for her to scream and all of us to skulk out of the store. 


No comments:

Post a Comment