Well, it's been another really slow week here at the Book homestead. I wouldn't even bother to blog since there isn't anything of value here but, for whatever reason, I have a couple of very serious readers that become vocal when my blog is late or missed. Apparently they lead a much less exciting life than even I do!
So, when things get slow around here Nitro takes the lead story. As he's gotten older, like the rest of us, he is getting colder. I've been trying to get him to sit by the ducts and get warm for years. All of a sudden it seems my suggestion finally seems to be making sense to him. Now he's claiming a heat duct every chance he can get and creating cold spots when the rest of us want heat too.
Bob wanted a fun Jaguar shirt to wear to the Jag Club Christmas party. I made him a Jaguar leaper with a Santa hat then made another to donate for our silent auction with the proceeds going to Northwest Harvest. I figured no one would even bid on the shirt and I'd be bringing it home. In the end I had several bids with the winning bid being $50! Overall our auction raised over $1,000 for Northwest Harvest.
While I had my Silhouette out, I cut a yorkie iron-on and made a pillow for Bobbie (Don't worry, she doesn't read the blog so I'm safe).
I personalized it with her name and added gold tassels for a finishing touch. Hopefully she'll like it. Their new place is really small so maybe there's there's a bit of room on the corner of the sofa for it.
It's been so foggy around here things are looking really eerie. The laser light Bob installed to create the measles on the house look really cool in the fog. I moved around in the lights and felt like I was in the front seat of one of the space ships in Star Wars. It was awesome!
Today we went to the Jag Club's Christmas party. As you can see, short of the two guys sitting with us, we were the youngest folks in the house. We always wonder why these two young guys would want to join and be active in a club that is populated by senior citizens. Go figure.


Auntie Kyanne went to watch Reagan and even though it was raining cats and dogs, Reagan and Auntie went for a walk in the park. Reagan is a true Northwesterner and is used to going out in any weather.
Auntie Kyanne and Reagan naturally stopped, and bought, a book at the bookstore in Poulsbo. Lucky kid.
Christmas season is here and Reagan is helping with the exterior illumination process. This is the stage in life where our kids learned to swear. They would help Bob hang Christmas lights and as he broke the big old bulbs during the hanging process he'd teach them some new words that they still use to this day. I don't think Chris is following in his father-in-law's foot steps.
While Reagan is helping Dad with the exterior illumination, Mozzy is helping Mom with the interior illumination. If you had to choose, which helper would you want?
Have a good week everyone!











Even if it's just cats and crafts your blog never disappoints. You've got me hooked too!
ReplyDelete