(Not to be confused with Melba Toast Day which is on March 23rd)
Wednesday before Thanksgiving was a half day so that means nobody showed up. It's not worth our shared students driving from their schools for an hour and most of the "locals" didn't show up. This gave Kurt and I time to get some stuff done. One of the things we needed to do was install our security cameras. I look across the room and see Kurt on top of the cabinets so he can screw one of the cameras in. This is not something you see every day in a classroom. Well, I would not be the least bit surprised to look over and see a student up there, but the teacher, that's a new one.
Here's our only student for our 2-hour block class. He's watching the camera monitor to guide Kurt while he locates the cameras.
The next day was Thanksgiving. As usual, I take lots of pictures of nothing and no pictures of something. One of the few pictures I took was of our deep-fried Twinkies. After we fried the turkey, we fried up some Twinkies to make us feel like the 8 gallons of oil didn't go to waste. They were totally amazing...while they were hot. After that they returned to their normal Twinkie state except they were greasy now.
The turkey turned out amazing as well. He was a nice golden brown, and as an added treat, he was done on the inside!
Just like police photos, front view, profile view.
Bob and Reagan making funny faces at each other for no particular reason.
Reagan helping Auntie pour for our annual beer-tasting contest. Yes, that's right. I said the 3-year old is helping pour beer. This year Auntie and Uncle Ryan won the engraved beer glass trophy. Picture to follow.
Now it's Auntie and Reagan making silly faces. I think this one is a "Pie Face". Reagan has added this to her library of silly faces like "Ice Cream Face", "Cookie Face", and "Grumpy Face".
Besides spending quality Thanksgiving with the family, the high point of my weekend was getting a Colorado thimble from Kyanne. Although I have a Colorado thimble already, this one is Coke bottle green glass with the word actually painted on it, probably by an impoverished child somewhere, but it's different and I like it.
Bob's Jag was on the Griot's Garage webpage after the Caffeine and Gasoline morning. Once a month Griot's holds this event. For the price of a donut, they lure in shiny cars and their owners to display how their products work, lure in folks that desire to have displayed shiny cars, and sell the whole lot of them more product. It's genius.












What a wonderful turkey day for all of you! And I sure hope that lone student gets some sort of extra credit for showing up to school when no one else did!
ReplyDelete