Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Chapter 418

November 15th!


This week at school we had our required once-a-month "extended student learning activity". Kurt is really working hard to build the auto program and what better way to do it than feed boys? Kurt was so busy working in the shop that I almost had to go out in the looming night and pouring rain to man the BBQs. Fortunately Bob rolled right about then into see what was going on. Lucky him, I handed him a spatula and said "Start grilling burgers for 16 teenage boys!"

There were groups of eating kids all over the shop. It's not quite the fancy dinners that JoAnn hosts at the fire station, but these fellas look happy, happy, happy with their free food after a couple of hours of shop time uncomplicated by bells, annoying classmates, and class changes!

Thursday was a day from hell at work. For starters the day before we had an announcement to disconnect the network cables from our computers due to a virus. The next day it was still "cables out". Apparently Chromebooks weren't affected so I put my mouse and keyboard onto a Chromebook left behind by a student and I was back in action...until the wireless quit. That was the end of any productivity for me. 

The failed network was followed by failing wireless and ailing phones, 

clocks and bells. No copiers survived the digital black plague either so there were no hard copies to keep adolescent males distracted from their primary goal of killing/maiming/farting the loudest. We all spent the rest of the day just keeping busy as best we could. Kurt was a nervous wreck because, in the middle of all of this, he had an observation with no presentation materials and had to teach micrometers without any slides or training aids. Kurt felt he made for a terrible presentation, but I think it proved how well he's doing if he could handle this (on the outside) horrendous day as amazingly as he did.

Thursday I was so glad school was finally over I practically ran out of the building screaming. Here's hoping IT has us all put together by Monday. I was also super-excited for Mary Lou and I to get started on our much anticipated trip to the fabric wholesale house. We had a great time visiting and shopping for fabric.

We went to four huge fabric stores. I made it out of our adventure with a lot less damage to my debit card than MaryLou did.

Since we made a two-day trip out of it, it was a great getaway for both of us.

Mary Lou bought some bright fabrics to make some new tops and some coordinating cat fabric for (yet another) tote bag. I think I'm having cat fabric tote bag envy.

I'm glad we took Mary Lou's full-sized SUV on our outing rather than my little Subaru because she filled it to the gills with fabric! You can see the cut of grey corduroy I bought on top of her cooler.

Reagan had a big day! Her car seat got turned around and she can see the world go by for real instead of reversed in her baby car seat mirror like a live selfie. 

Apparently riding forward is exhausting.

Reagan Trader-Joeing with her own little basket. She owns that place.

And here she is waiting for her game snack to come out of the oven.

Have a good week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment