Happy 3rd Birthday Grasshopper!
It hardly seems like Reagan "Grasshopper" Walker is going to be 3 this week! It barely seems like it's been 3 years since Reagan arrived and, at the same time, seems like she's always been here.
Happy Birthday, Reagan!
We had bee-you-tee-ful weather this week. Since I can see Mt. St. Helens from our road in the morning, I thought I'd finish the day out by having a peek at Mt. Rainier. I drove out to the point of our hill and the view didn't disappoint. As the saying goes, "Party like the mountain is out!"
Since it was such a great day, I saddled up the cat and headed for the back yard. Nitro has a favorite stump he likes to sit on so he can watch the world go by.
While I wait for him to relive a primitive feeling that his ancestors might have been wild animals that had to provide for themselves, I sit and listen to my book for a while.
Since Nitro's wild ancestors are sooo far back in his "pedigree" we stayed at the stump for quite a while so he had time to think that far back.
Meanwhile Bob is ripping and shredding the old counters out of the kitchen. It almost makes me cringe to find the tangerine-colored laminate under the current color that we covered it up with.
And check out that coordinating yellow-linen wallpaper. Woo Hoo! It's a wonder the girls aren't more scarred growing up with these colors.
Bob got the countertops all prepared with the concrete base and the fiberglass netting that will help hold the whole operation together. Pouring starts tomorrow.
Tomorrow when we pour we will either love it or be chipping out a thousand-pound mistake next weekend!
Bright and early Saturday morning Bob takes his knobby knees and gets the project started. We were going at a crazy warp-speed for a couple of hours. Do you know how heavy a 60 pound bag of concrete is??? Way heavier than it was a few years ago, that's for sure!
The first phase of the pouring is done for the day. We survived! I felt like I needed to go find a winner's podium somewhere to stand on.
Bob recovering from his ordeal.
Me recovering from the ordeal. Doing the built-up dishes in the laundry sink in my mini-kitchen.
Saturday the kids came over to help with the second pour. They want concrete counters as well and were really interested in the whole process. Since it was nice out, I put out the pool I got Reagan on clearance last fall. I think it was a hit. This was also the first time she'd used a float-y ring in the water and took to the whole idea of lounging juuust fine!
After swimming she had to work in the garden to make sure the weeds, and the crop, were carefully eradicated.
Reagan loves going to the Poulsbo Waterfront Park. It's her backyard and she knows it every bit as well as her own backyard.
This is the view from JoAnn's current backyard while she and Scott are in Hawaii for their anniversary. Color me jealous!
Chris and Reagan looking for sea critters back here on the west coast. It certainly isn't the same pretty as Hawaii.
Happy beach combers!
When the kids were here visiting, we went to Emerald Downs for breakfast. Reagan got to eat breakfast and watch the horses go by. She rattled off the colors the horses were wearing, the colors of the wraps on their legs, their hoods, and the numbers under their saddles. Too bad their window seals are broken and we had to peek through the haze. The bonus of this was that I had lunch leftovers so I didn't have to try to put a lunch together without a kitchen.
Have a good week, everyone!





















There isn't a view in the world that can top that of seeing your granddaughter enjoy herself! Thanks for the warm anniversary wishes, to think Scott and I got married at your house with those tangerine counters and we thought it was the bomb! Now you need a bomb.....
ReplyDelete