May is a busy month for this family. In order of appearance:
Mother's Day is 102 years old this year. Chronologically, it gets top billing. Check out the history of Mother's Day. It's beginnings were not rooted in the rosy beginnings we all thought it was!
Happy Birthday to Scott who, fortunately, is not 112 years old.
And Happy Birthday to our awesome Chelsea who is one of those rare souls that keeps the human race from destroying itself.
And back on the (more boring) home front, we saw a new bird (yup, it that time of year that I talk about dumb birds again) on our feeder. A photo can't do it justice.
It looks like a parakeet. I didn't realize we had such colorful birds in this area. I thought goldfinches were about the extent of colorful birds in this area.

It's hard to get a good photo with this kind of harassment going on:
Auburn is finally getting some action! We got a new brewery in Auburn. I've always felt that Auburn's slogan "More Than You Imagined", is fancy words for "We Don't Have Much Going On" so getting a brewery is some pretty big action for us. It's Scamp Brewing, named after the owner's cat. How can you go wrong with a cat guy. Too bad he hadn't named his cat something more powerful for a brewery name. We stopped in today to check the new brewery out. They had a nice selection of tasty silly seltzers. Notice that our beers are on Evergreen Market coasters. Evergreen Market is the pot shop next door. You even get a bonus sniff of pot from the brewery bathroom. Yup, Auburn sure is movin' on up!
Finally the weather cleared off enough today that we could get some things done outside. It was time to plant Reagan's garden. I moved the plantlings (plantlets?) from the greenhouse to the garden today and it's ready to grow Reagan's veggies...and Bear's carrots. Last year Bear learned how to pull the carrots from the dirt all by himself whenever he wanted a snack. He looves carrots.
Nitro found a frog today while he was out. He was very gently nudging the froggie along but didn't bite or swat at it. I finally picked up the frog, sprinkled it with the watering can, and put it in a plant for a bit of cat-free quiet time.
As usual, I bought our front porch hanging flower baskets from our horticulture class. One again, I bought 3 beautiful baskets for $20 each. Can't even beat that price at Costco!
Carissa bought all of us a photo shoot for our Christmas gift. We had to cancel it once due to rain so we rescheduled it for the windiest day of the year. I think we did very well between the wind, the size of the crowd, and the tired toddler. A shout-out to the photographer, Lisa Marie, for having the patience to deal with all of it!
Have a good week!













What a beautiful family--oh wait, you're related to me!
ReplyDelete