National Sunscreen Day, May 27th
I woke up to a beautiful morning this week. It feels like forever since I have seen a blue sky in the morning. I usually get the gray clouds of rain, or the gray of morning clouds. On top of that, the clouds were really cool. I sure they have a fancy name, I just don't know what it is.
We spent the last couple of afternoons outside since it's so nice out. I spent a lot of time sniffing the lavender. I love how our lavender trees make the neighborhood smell good! Lavender is supposed to be good for sleep, but it energizes me when the whole outdoors smells like lavender.
I hope you guys want quince jam for Christmas again. The quince tree is loaded with them. I made a quince and apple pie last year that was delicious. If we have as many as I think we are going to have I might just bring some to a family get-to-gether.
We have tons of flowers in the front yard, and I don't just mean the ones from the weeds.
The stuff in the garden is really growing so Bob had to get the poles up for the beans and sugar snap peas. The next time Reagan comes she'll see some sizable plants growing.
Reagan will also be happy to see that her fountain is out and full of water. I'll have to round up her measuring cups and chair so she can start playing as soon as she gets here. I think next year I am going to have to paint the fountain, it's getting pretty mineral-y looking.
Having "played" outside all day yesterday, we started the concrete counter top project inside today. The hard part was clearing off the counters so we could tear them off.
Now it's super easy to sort stuff out from deep in the back corners without having to climb in up to my waist. Although it's easier right now, it was a lot of work to get the counters off.
I have set up a small kitchen next to the laundry sink so I can cook and wash dishes. Although it doesn't look like much, I would have loved to have had this much stuff in my first apartment kitchen.
Bob is cutting the concrete board for the concrete to be poured onto.
Bob has the concrete board down, and the mesh that holds the concrete together is starting to go in. The little white clippies keep the mesh in the middle of the concrete so it doesn't float to the top. This has turned into a huge project!
Of course, while we are working hard, Nitro is sleeping the afternoon away in our bed,
and in his catio.
Reagan went to the Viking Festival in Poulsbo. Here she waits for the parade in her backpack with her snacks. She has her headphones on because the bands are so noisy.
This is the Bremerton High School drill team. It doesn't appear that their uniforms have changed much since Bob's mom was on the team back in her day. Given the sailor-style outfits, I thought they had some nautical name for their team, but according to Wiki, they are the Bremerton Knights. Hmph.
We are finally having a few sunny days and Reagan wants to wear her fuzzy hat to school.
Fan Tan Alley in Chinatown in Victoria, B.C. when the kids went for Mother's Day. Reagan looks super tired.
Yes, she was super tired. She owned her bed at the hotel.
She loved the bug zoo and teared up a little when she couldn't hold a tarantula. I used to play with tarantulas out in the desert. I'd race them and hold them and dig them up so Reagan liking them must be genetic.
HAVE A GOOD WEEK, EVERYONE!




















No comments:
Post a Comment