Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Chapter 388

Happy DNA Day April 25th!
Image result for dna cartoons

How ironic. My Ancestry DNA test results are supposed to be ready on April 25th! Now I will know what kind of human mutt I am.

Since there have been some package theft issues in our area, we dragged the patio box out to the front porch and I labeled the deck by the doors. For the most part, it works fine. Then there is this:

I think the UPS driver might have been more heedful of the sign, but our new countertop bits just wouldn't fit into the deck box. I said "It looks like a lot of stuff", and my friend Mary Lou said "It looks like work." She didn't realize how right she was.

I met my friend Cindy for our monthly dinner at Tacoma Mall this week. (I had to postpone to go on Mozzie duty last week) and it was an absolutely beautiful night. I took this picture of one of Chris' airplanes while I waited for security to come jump the battery in my new Subaru. With all of the electricals on board, it lasted less than three hours with the ignition key on. What is even more amazing is that my car lasted that long, unlocked and with the keys hanging in it, at Tacoma Mall! 

Bob had the bathroom countertop all ready for pouring the concrete. I'm so glad we did the bathroom countertop first to work the bugs out of our system! 

We had our tools, bucket, water, and concrete staged and ready for mixing.

He 'happily' posed for this picture as we got started on the task. Notice that his clothes are clean.

Notice that after he pulled the trigger on his half-inch drill that we were not clean anymore. This situation would continue to degrade throughout the project...

Our finished (for today) bathroom countertop and my little sample to test the concrete stain on.

Meanwhile, while all heck breaks loose in the garage, Nitro naps, undaunted, in his kitty sack.

Speaking of napping undaunted by what's going on, Mozzie looks like he's adapting to the Walker household juuust fine. 


Reagan and her friend, Janie, check out the new octopus rescue at their local aquarium. They look so alike it's hard to tell them apart.

We had a teeny break in the weather this morning so we headed out to do a bit of caching. We found a pleasant park we didn't even know Auburn had. It must have been one of the original homesteads since there were old fences and the cache was by an orchard. The cache was by this fence post.

 There were several really large trees there. We don't see trees that big, especially in town.

My squirrel count is climbing. I was going to feel lucky if I got 5 or 6 transplanted and away from our bird feeders. I made a full-page of victory-marks for the squirrels never thinking I'd ever need more than the first row! Next week: #30!

I don't know if I've published this picture or not yet, but it's too cool to miss. It is was a photo of an orca whale Carissa and Reagan saw when they went to the beach.

Reagan playing with the toys at a cool brewery in Kingston while she excitedly waits for open mic night so she can dance and play the percussion instruments they offer her. What a great brewery, and not just for Mom and Dad!

Mozzie is comfortably ensconsed in Reagan's bed when Carissa went to get her up for school. He's lovin' life right now.

Reagan went to a STEM fair. STEM is a program to get students interested in science, technology, engineering, and math. From what I've seen it's been a very positive program. Here Reagan is learning how to do CPR. As you can see from her pony tail, she is giving it her all!

Below are some photos I've come across. One of my former students, Antonio, posted this picture of a flamingo bike on my Facebook. He said he thought of me when he saw it. Four years with a students and this is the impression I left on him. Hmmm....


My Facebook Flashback was Bob working on the Jag five years ago. It sure looks different now than it did five years ago. 

And I look a lot different than I did 40 years ago!

Have a good week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. To think I met you when you looked like that. Didn't get to meet your horse though. I think we look much better 40 years later and I bet our husbands would agree if they were smart.....

    ReplyDelete